Christian Bioethics (1 Viewer)

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
I was wondering if anyone else out there does Bioethics as part of their religious tradition depth study for Christianity and what issues you will cover

Cheers

.x.Cookie.x.

HSC
I did bioethics in Christianity.

In bioethics for Christianity i covered:

• Principal Christian teachings on Bioethics.
  • Application of Christian ethical teaching to issues of bioethics.
  • Life support
I did an essay on Euthanasia.
I found the topic pretty easy. If you want some help feel free to ask =]

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
Yeah it was pretty easy but I dont think we really covered Christian teachings at all lol. Well I'm a Christian so it is still easy as hell for me because I know Christian teachings without a school teacher telling the class what they are. Anyway we did IVF, Euthanasia and Embryonic Stem Cell Research. Nice to see we're not the only school doing Bioethics

cHoWiiE!

HSC
yeh we are doin bioethics...

think we are covering..stem cells, abortion..

and i forget.. lool oops

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
Bioethics - Life Support

The ordinary and extraordinary methods of prolonging life are covered

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
why not post them here instead of just asking for stuff and then keeping it to yourself...information demands to be free!!!

vds700

HSC
were doing jewish bioethics- Cloning, abortion and euthanasia

karnage

HSC
Yep, my class is currently doing Bioethics. Think we are doing IVF, stem cells and cloning from 3-4 Christian variants (for different perspectives if you know what i mean)

chaarii

HSC
We covered pretty much all the issues..

Euthenasia & Life Support
Palliative Care
Abortion
Contraception
Suicide
Stem Cell Research
Sterilisation
IVF

And then linked these to bible scriptures, the Chatechism of the Catholic Church and the variation of opinions between different variants. Our essays had to cover all of that as well.

karnage

HSC
Gee thats alot of different bioethical issues, 2U SoR i assume?

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
karnage said:
I try to cover everything given that it could be a 20 mark essay

Why cover like to examples, thats just silly!!!

.x.Cookie.x.

HSC
snapperhead said:
thanks for that.......still waiting though!!!!!

lol
Haha yeah. I totally forgot about that.
I had a look lastnight and i've deleted it along with all my other stuff. I tried to get the attachment from the email i sent whoever but it's being ghey.

I'll write some more notes up.

Atm all i have is some stuff about Euthanasia.

Explain how the application of Christian ethical teaching is applied to one issue of bioethics covered in this section or emerging from your own research or information from the unit you have learnt.
Christian ethical teaching is applied to the issue of bioethics, through Euthanasia. Euthanasia is the deliberatre killing of a person for the benefit of that person. In most cases euthanasia is carried out because the person who dies asks for it, but there are cases called euthanasia where a person can’t make such a request. A person who undergoes euthanasia is usually terminally ill, but there are other situations in which some people want euthanasia, such as psychological factors that cause people to think of euthanasia include depression, fear of loss of control or of dignity, feeling a burdenor dislike of being dependent.
Christians are mosty against euthanasia. The arguments are usually based on the beliefs that life is given by God, and that human beings are made in God’s image. Some churches also emphasise the importance of not interfering with the natural process of death. Main points in the argument of euthanasia are:
· All life if God-given
· Birth and death are part of the life processes which God has created, so we should respect them.
· Therefore, no himan being has the authority to take the life of any innocent person, even if that person wants to die.
· Human life possesses an intrinsic dignity and value because it is created by God in his own image for the distinctive destiny of sharing in God’s own life.
· Saying that God created humankind in his own image doesn’t mean that people actually look like God, but that people have a unique capacity for rational existence that enables them to see what is good to want what is good
· As people develop these abilities they live a life that is as close as possible to God’s life of love.
· This is a good thing, and life should be preserved so that people can go on doing this.
· To propose euthanasia for an individual is to judge that the current life of that individual is not worthwhile
· Such a judgement is incompatible with recognising the worth and dignity of the person to be killed.
· Therefore arguments based on the quality of life are completely irrelevant
· Nor should anyone ask for euthansia themselves, because no one has the right to value anyone, even themselves, as worthless.

chaarii

HSC
karnage said:
SOR1 actually lolol.

According to my teacher, band 6-worthy essays needed to include as many bioethical issues as possible, differing views between variants (although they're usually the same, but you need to state that) and quotes from like, the Catholic Catechism and other such of official 'documents' (sorry I didn't know what other word to use) from other variants. But doing one or two really in depth could get you a band 6 also.

Grey Matter

HSC
chaarii said:
We covered pretty much all the issues..

Euthenasia & Life Support
Palliative Care
Abortion
Contraception
Suicide
Stem Cell Research
Sterilisation
IVF

And then linked these to bible scriptures, the Chatechism of the Catholic Church and the variation of opinions between different variants. Our essays had to cover all of that as well.
You forgot cloning, lol.

constance1992

HSC
hey i was just wondering if anyone had any notes on christian bioethics im studying now in yr 12 for sor 2 let me know it would be a great help!

DAP93

HSC
Hi!!!

Does anyone know how i can identify and analyse the sources and application of Christian ethics with reference to bioethics (Abortion, Euthanasia and Organ donation) and make reference to sacred texts and stories that guide Christians in making informed ethical decision??

Thankyou :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)