Church in Wagga (1 Viewer)

Nick0

Generic.User
HSC
Howdy there folks!
My question pertains predominately to the Churches in the Wagga Wagga area. I was wondering which Churches in the area would have a "Bible-basis" (as such). I hear that the local Anglican Church is pretty highish (ie. Anglo-Catholic rather than Evangelical) and was wondering what other Denominations were in the area and which ones would be similar to the Sydney Anglican Church.

www.sydneyanglicans.net

kylie_robbo

Yeah, from what I can tell the local Anglican Churches are fairly traditional.

I go to Wagga Baptist, and as far as the bigger Baptist Churches of NSW go, we are a fairly traditional Church.

However, I also go to UniChurch, which is on campus at CSU, in the Rec Hall (which is just near all of the accom. - the furtherest away would be St Martin's College [Anglican-based privately-owned accom.]) ... Affiliated with AFES (Australian Fellowship of Evangelical Students) we have two services of a Sunday evening: 5pm and 7pm. 5pm caters more for the workers and grads (which technically is me, although one of the St Marties RA's told me last night that he doesn't see me as "one of them!" ) and is generally smaller. There is a creche program for this service. The 7pm service is targeted at Uni students. Contemporary music with very Biblically based teaching (one of the Staff Workers [ministers] last night [we have two, one preaches each term and does a series: at the moment the series is on Galatians] told us that we need to be wary. Good wolves always come in sheeps clothing. Be wary of anyone who has a theology degree. The only measuring stick is the Gospel, with no additions or subtractions. Take everything that you hear back to the Bible. Anyone who shares the Gospel making changes deserves to go to hell, because that is where they are leading people.) Both services have fantastic fellowship, and everyone is really supportive and encouraging. I really recommend checking it out for yourself.

There is also a Christian group on campus (who run UniChurch 7pm) known as Christian Fellowship. They do a fair amount of outreach activities, especially during O-week.

SmileyCam

HSC
There are also some other good churches in town; St Aidan's Presbyterian, Church of Christ, Wagga Baptist, and St Paul's Anglican. But if you’re going to live on campus, UniChurch is bible based and Jesus focused, both ministers were trained at Moore Collage. Good luck with your HSC, and I hope to see you next year.

kylie_robbo

Have you been to St Aiden's, Church of Christ and St Paul's, have you, Cam?? If you have you're a step ahead of me (if that is the right way of thinking... I'm not sure that it is...)

UniChurch is the way to go, atleast in the beginning... We do fun stuff in O-Week! (But that isn't the only reason why you should come along to UniChurch) - Great Bible teaching, awesome fellowship and encouragement, reasonably good music (even if I do say so myself!) and fantastic Growth Groups (Biblestudy groups)

SmileyCam

HSC
well, it was a friend from unichurch that suggested those churches :p I haven't actually been to them yet, but I do plan on it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)