Cimon as leader (1 Viewer)

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
My assessment question is
Assess the role of Cimon as leader? You must refer to his contribution in turning the Delian League into an Athenian Empire. Refer to Ancient and Modern sources.

How am i supposed to build an esay out of this?
If anyone has got any info, please dump it all here.

Cheers

Cab31

HSC
OK, well i dont think anyone is simply going to dump info there for you - you need to do some research and the first place to start would be to make a summary from your textbook, study guides and the resources page.

To assess his role, You need make a judgement based on facts. But the way to set out such an essay, is to have your arguement ready from para 1. (i.e. Establish that, for example, as a leader Cimon played an active role in transforming the delian league into the athenian empire. His actions became increasingly imperialistic before his eventual ostricisation).

Just back up whatever arguement you have and you will be fine.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
At the moment I have heaps of quotes
from Plutarch, Thucydides, Bury and Meiggs, Bradley, and a few others

I have got the evidence, however, my points are not solid

His leadership in transforming the League into an Empire was extremely effective. Can keep going on about this, however that is not answering the entire question. What about his sttributes as a leader?

Where can i get such information. Plutarch is a good resource but there is nothing specifically on his leadership style. Has anyone else looked at Cimon closely in class?

roseangel

Take the Money and Run
HSC
Well, according to Thucydides the league's activities under Kimon/Cimon fell mainly under 3 headings:

* Against Persians (main actions were against Persians in first ten years)
* Against their own allies when they revolted
* Against Peloponnese occasionally (not really until after 460)

The following are some events that occured that you may want to look into further:

* Capture of Byzantium
* Siege and Capture of Eion
* Conquest of Scyrus
* Coercion of Carystus
* Revolt and Subjugation of Naxos
* Battle of Eurymedon
* Revolt of Thasos

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Dont worry anymore, had my assessment, did not use my sources as well as I should have according to the teacher. Came eual 7th out of 30. But Ancient Hist. is definitely not my strongest subject. Its not going to count towards my HSC but I will keep it as a safety.

Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)