Cirque du Soleil fans (1 Viewer)

Mutationis

Jun Ting Chau
HSC
anyone here a Cirque fan? if so, i'd like to have a chat on ANYTHING Cirque. if you don't know anything about it but you're curious then take a look at this (you'll have to wait until about 1:16 until anything really exciting happens):

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qEf5hqigNtA"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qEf5hqigNtA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Last edited:

maddy_d

Taper Jean Girl
HSC
yeah cirque's great i have most of their shows and they are so intense and extremely creative. i cant wait until varekai next year its a top show. and the costuming and makeup is just brilliant...the whole show really is a piece of art

Mutationis

Jun Ting Chau
HSC
yay! another Cirque fan. which shows have you seen? I've seen Alegr*a and Quidam live (O and K*, and possibly Mystère, post HSC) and Saltimbanco, Dralion, Varekai, Corteo and La Nouba on DVD... and Journey of Man, Midnight Sun and Fire Within if you count those. And i just loving watching Olga Pikhienko do her thing.

maddy_d

Taper Jean Girl
HSC
i havent seen any live.....varekai will be my first but i have four or five on dvd and i saw the fire within too. i love watching them because it is alway so exciting and it blows your socks off. some of the moves they do are fantastic and also the clowning and mime is brilliant. after watching the fire within i have great respect for all the acrobats and actors and the work they put in. i hope australai gets a chance to see the beatles one too....

Mutationis

Jun Ting Chau
HSC
the Beatles show, LOVE, is a resident show. this means that it doesn't travel like the touring ones. but it certainly does look interesting. apparently the soundtrack to LOVE will be out later this year

audioguy

HSC
hey
if your ever around in byron theres a place called the 'Byron Bay Entertainment Center'
Its got an indoor flying trapese and loads of other circus arts things..
If you into Cirque du Soleil and ever in Byron i'd really suggest hitting it up!

http://www.byronentertainmentcentre.com.au/

Cheers
nic

James747

HSC
I haven't seen the actual show live before, but I did on dvd at school. I personally loved everything in the show, especially the costumes and music! I really wanna go watch their performance, but i'm broke! *cries*

fatmuscle

HSC
GF bought me tickets to this cirque thing in August
what is it?

Mutationis

Jun Ting Chau
HSC
well this show is called Varekai. it means "wherever" in the Romany gypsy language. for those who don't know, all Cirque du Soleil shows are different. this one in particular is based on the mythical character of Icarus. in the greek tale, he falls into the sea and dies. in Cirque's rendition, he falls into a forest clearing. to cut a long story short, after his fall he cannot walk so the creatures of the forest show him how to walk again (that's on the simplest level, there is soooo much other themes you can take from it). this story is told through a series of acts (eg. handbalancing, triple trapeze, icarian games...just to mention a few)

http://www.cirquedusoleil.com/CirqueDuSoleil/en/showstickets/varekai/intro/intro.htm

just ask if you have anymore questions!

Irina Naumenko, for those interested she's the new handbalancer (Olga Pikhienko, the one in the above video, left a while ago)

Mutationis

Jun Ting Chau
HSC
which IP are you doing, as in a type of design? if i can help in anyway just let me know!

namdog

HSC
I LOVE Quidam, I saw it live at the start of 2005...

I'm going to see Varekai on its New Zealand tour in January of next year. I can't wait!

Davo321

HSC
hey yall i just googled Cirque and found this, im the ultimate Cirque nut... seen all the shows in the last 10 years live in adelaide, traveled to Las Vagas to see all the shows there, have seen the rest on dvd and even have a bunch of the t.v. shows taped. :)

im an acrobat in training (4 years) myself and im auditioning to enter a uni course called NICA in melbourne (National Institute of Circus Arts) and then on into Cirque or Circus Oz or similar.

i didnt know there was anyone as pumped about cirque as me :p

oh yea www.nica.com.au if ur intirested, its just off Chapel st. in melbourne.

davo

Davo321

HSC
hey yall i just googled Cirque and found this, im the ultimate Cirque nut... seen all the shows in the last 10 years live in adelaide, traveled to Las Vagas to see all the shows there, have seen the rest on dvd and even have a bunch of the t.v. shows taped. :)

im an acrobat in training (4 years) myself and im auditioning to enter a uni course called NICA in melbourne (National Institute of Circus Arts) and then on into Cirque or Circus Oz or similar.

i didnt know there was anyone as pumped about cirque as me :p

oh yea www.nica.com.au if ur intirested, its just off Chapel st. in melbourne.

davo

Mutationis

Jun Ting Chau
HSC
cool. i'm thinking of taking some aerial classes post HSC. good luck for getting into NICA. i'm seeing Varekai on wednesday. out of interest are you a member of Cirque Tribune?

almightyBZZZ

Snib Control Officer.
HSC
Cirque Du Soleil is so incredible...

I saw Quidam last year (I think) with my mum in Melbourne. It was so magical. I think the best shows are the late matinees...you go in and it's daylight, and when you come out it's night time and it's beautiful.

That's what my mother and I though, anwyays =)

I saw Varekai as well, and that was AMAZING. I liked i even more than Quidam, I htink...I just LOVED the costumes. But the one I saw (In Sydney at Moore Park) was one of the earlier ones in the tour and the little boys doing the YoHo Diablo's...or...whatever their fancy name is for Ciruque Du Soleilians...they dropped them a few times...like...actually alot of times. But everybody just clapped extra loud when they got it right =)

Mutationis

Jun Ting Chau
HSC
it's called Water Meteors and these boys are quite new, i think. they come from a performing arts school in Kun-Ming, China and since the government doesn't let their citizens out of the country for a certain period of time, Varekai gets a new set of Water Meteors performers every 18 months.

meixia

5 cents short of a 97
HSC
I'm a total Cirque FAN!!! Is that you Jun Ting? (mutationis) . I know this is an old thread T_T

shsshs

HSC
I saw cirque's 'O' at bellagio when i went to Vegas. its apparently meant to be the best cirque show.

pretty fukn awesome.

Mutationis

Jun Ting Chau
HSC
out of interest, did you see that solo trapeze or double trapeze? that is, apart from the Washington Trapeze (trapeze act where girl balances on her head).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)