Cityrail- Flexipass and travelpass (1 Viewer)

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Is the Cityrail flexipass and the travel pass the same thing?
I checked up the cityrail thing...and in the fare clalculator, there was no fare for the travel pass! >_<
So I assumed it was the same as flexipass. I'll probably be buying the green travelpass, so anyonce can help on that?
Oh, and can any uni people explain which types of train tickets are the best to buy and more 'economically' efficient?
Thanks.

Rainie

HSC
No, Travel Pass and Flexipass are very different. Flexipass only allows you to travel on trains only (correct me someone if i'm wrong) and Travel passes allow you to use bus, train and ferry.

As far as I know, Flexi passes are cheaper if you buy more months/days. My cousin who goes to uni purchases a flexipass. And my mum, the same thing :)

Hope it helps :D

Rainie

HSC
You can get an application form from your local station, fill it out and they should be able to tell you the price :)

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
flexipass is a rail pass which gives you unlimited travel between the two stations you choose. like a weekly, except it lasts for longer.

travelpass is a rail/bus/ferry pass which gives you unlimited travel within the zones you pick. it's good value if you travel to different places across your zone - take the bus to work in one direction, train to uni in the other direction, different train to the shops - instead of just commuting from point A to point B. if you live in the red zone (click on the map diagrams on danz90's link) it's $19 for a weekly concession and you can literally travel anywhere in the inner west, CBD, eastern/southeastern suburbs and north shore. poorer value if you live further out, because you're basically paying for unlimited transport across vast swathes of suburbia and won't use most of it. although at the concession prices it's still not bad depending on how you use public transport.

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
did you even bother to look at the cityrail website? there's a fare calculator there that tells you the price for each different price group, each dif ticket type, and what you'd pay if you bought quaterlys/annuals etc.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yeah, it turns out to be pretty good value, the FlexiPass. I've bought the shortest one, 28 days, daily cost was $2/day and return trip to uni for me is $4/day. So imagine the savings if you buy for longer!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)