civil/commerce at usyd or unsw? (1 Viewer)

>monkey<

HSC
hey im really interested in doing civil engineering/commerce but i dont know whether to do it at unsw or usyd ..i was considering trying to get a scholarship from the RTA to study civil at usyd and also apply into the advanced engineering program but i hear that engineering is much "better" at unsw?
any comments?
thanks in advance!

fush

HSC
i dont think it is any better, but i wouldnt really know.

civil eng/commerce at usyd is good so far. at usyd u do 144 credit points of engineering and 96 credit points of commerce units. This means however that u dont get to choose any civil electives in later years, you only study the civil eng core subjects.
i dunno if its the same at unsw but i assume it is since the course is squeezed into 5 years.

the engineering faculty at unsw i think is bigger but i think usyd might be better, the lecturer dude said that civil eng at usyd gets most of the government funding for research and stuff

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Saying that one is "better" than the other is dead wrong, except for electrical disciplines.

fush

HSC
yea as i said i wouldnt really know what unsw is like.. so i take the better comment back

DAAVE

HSC
There are big debates about whether commerce is better at usyd than at unsw. I don't think there was any conclusion reached.

As for engo, they are both probably the same. It just comes down to what subjects you are interested in (UNSW may offer some that sydney doesn't) but the core subjects should be roughly the same.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)