Civil Eng. (1 Viewer)

krisspy

HSC
Hey guys im about to finish yr 12 this year and was interested in Civil Eng. but i dont think i can handle it. Can anyone taking the course tell me about the kind of maths needed? Im only doing General atm and im looking at 80+, im also doing physics.

Also what do you do after you finished your course? Do people hire you straight away or do you need to go intern to get some experience?

thnx.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
You need 3-unit maths for ALL engineering courses. And with good reason. So you have some catching up to do, if you want to pursue an engineering course that it.

HSC
the maths in engineering can get quite difficult. bare minimum for starters is two unit. you will definitely have to do a maths bridging course before uni starts seeing as though you do general maths because you won't cope with the work otherwise.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah you need a bare minimum of advanced maths so i advise you to take a bridging course.
For engineering i heard that they offer internships during your course, but its better if musk answer this question, because he is currently doing an internship for his construction engineering degree.

Karl Marx

HSC
N/A
i ahvent had to know anything from 3 unit except newtons method of solvng equations (even then it was outside of syllabus and a easier version of MVT). dont waste your money on a bridging course

HSC
Karl Marx said:
i ahvent had to know anything from 3 unit except newtons method of solvng equations (even then it was outside of syllabus and a easier version of MVT). dont waste your money on a bridging course
even if they have only done general maths?

Karl Marx

HSC
N/A
watatank said:
even if they have only done general maths?
well obviosuly not but if you didnt do 2 unit because you suck at maths and you want to do engineering you are stupid

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)