• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Civil Engineering/Arts (1 Viewer)

srsly_br0

HSC
N/A
Hello so I was looking through the Civil Engineering handbook here:

http://www.civeng.unsw.edu.au/infor...rogram-outlines-course-information/cvena13704

On it, it says that there will be 6.5 years worth of content to cover to do a combined degree in Civil/Arts (because the 6th year is only 1 semester.)

I was just wondering what the asterix on the bottom of the table, which says "Professional Electives" meant. It is to my knowledge that combined degrees only require 5 years, so is the 6th year, or "professional electives" stuff you have to do?

Thank you.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
learn to count bro it's 5.5 years and yes you have to do the professional electives

and combined degrees with engineering are usually longer than 5 years except maybe for science

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
learn to count bro it's 5.5 years and yes you have to do the professional electives

and combined degrees with engineering are usually longer than 5 years except maybe for science
Yeah, I know Eng/Comm at UNSW is 5.5 years long too. OP must be confused since he asked about studying a language alongside Engineering in a thread in GUD and I used examples from another uni and might have said the course should be 5 years elsewhere too. Sorry!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)