Civil Engineering (1 Viewer)

mr_timmy11

HSC
Which university in your opinion is the best for civil engineering out of USYD, UNSW, and UTS?

JhK89

HSC
well i heard uts is more practical while syd is more theoretical..? not sure about unsw.. hope this helps =/

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
People say that, but it doesn't really mean much. How can you compare two courses without doing them? And how do 'practical' and 'theoretical' sum up a 4/5 year course?

I will say that usyd's enrolling/administration system SUCKS when compared with UNSW. I'm biased tho

Go unsw. It's the biggest and the best, and they've got a shiney new program this year with about 1/2 the workload of the old program.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah im gonna be a bit bias and say unsw
i heard somewhere that unsw has a higher employment rate for grads out of UTS and USYD

CandE

HSC
UTS has the highest employment rate due to the Internships. If you were doing Enviro/Civil you will be able to do the course in the same time as you would have at UNSW, and finnish with experience too! But beware UTS has hard exams so work hard for them!!! A large number had to repeat intro to civil.
http://www.eng.uts.edu.au/

ioniser

HSC
Most of the engineering degrees are pretty much the same all this "unsw is the best ,ranked 16th in the world " doesn't mean shit to any undergrad.Yr 12 students beware those ranks are based purely on research work from postgrads.Speaking of unsw and usyd their undergrad programs are pretty much the same both deep into the theroy side of engineering,they do alot more work in the maths department than any other uni.Where as on the other hand uts and uow have taken out the deep theory stuff and replaced them with humanity subjects such as engineering enterprises,engineering project management,engineering communications ,engineering for ssutainabilty and engineering design.I guess this approach is better than the approach unsw and usyd have taken ,which is reflected in both uts and uow's high employment and salary rate compared with unsw and usyd.But I reckon unsw and usyd would be good if you wanted to pursue a career in research.

as for civil engineering this is what i heard from employers unsw and uts are similar but usyd grads know too much theroy and are slow to adapting to the work place,hence uts or unsw grads were the choice.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)