Civil engineering (1 Viewer)

jtulsiani

HSC
hey.. whc uni is better for civil engineering? RMIT or UNSW!?? and whc city is better to live in for students? sydney or melb.?? .. sumone help me out... plzz... whc uni has better placements? i need sum desperate help.. and also taking into consideration campus etc.. ?
thanx a lot..

elfm

HSC
Melbourne is probably better to live in - better transport, less crime, cheaper, etc

But UNSW is better than RMIT by a lot. UNSW is one of the best uni's in Australia (Group of 8, or whatever it's called) and also has the largest engineering faculty in the southern hemisphere. Judging from your post, it looks like you're an international student which means that you'll probably find UNSW better, since UNSW is filled with (mostly asian) international students.

jtulsiani

HSC
thanx a lot man.. but i aint found of that many asians (except indians). ive seen em enough in melb from monash uni.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
hey all, i am enrolled in civil for this year and due to start in feb, i just wish to know how hard the subjects are - i am doing maths, physics (not higher), computing engineering and intro engineering. 23 hrs a wk of contact hours. how many hours of homework do you usually get per night in the 1st year?

if anyone is kind enough to speak to me (via msn) please pm me. i have plenty of questions, it is like the unknown wilderness. thanks

elfm

HSC
wuddie said:
hey all, i am enrolled in civil for this year and due to start in feb, i just wish to know how hard the subjects are - i am doing maths, physics (not higher), computing engineering and intro engineering. 23 hrs a wk of contact hours. how many hours of homework do you usually get per night in the 1st year?

if anyone is kind enough to speak to me (via msn) please pm me. i have plenty of questions, it is like the unknown wilderness. thanks
you don't get much homework in uni. it's mainly just voluntary work if you're dedicated enough, i.e. voluntary study, extra questions from books, etc. the only 'homework' you get are assignments and studying for quizzes/exams which is basically going through your weekly tutorial questions. 1st year is pretty bludgey but you should try to put in a few hours of study each week per subject (no one really does though!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)