Class of 2005 - Which texts are you doing? (1 Viewer)

Which pair of texts do you do?

• Emma/Clueless

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • Hamlet/Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Votes: 47 22.5%
  • Pardoners Tale/A Simple Plan

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • An Imaginary Life/Wordworth Selected Poems

Votes: 17 8.1%
  • Bladerunner/Bragve New World

Votes: 73 34.9%
  • The Golden Age/Throwim Way Leg

Votes: 7 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Please vote as per poll. Also, host any general discussion about Comparative Study of texts in here.

Thanks.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
brave new world is a study of in the wild and hat do you think is the whole purpose of in the wild is?

firehose

HSC
I'm doing Hamlet and Ros'n'Guil

Hamlet is a long, boresome play with some highlights and a lot of deducible themes. R&G is soooo mad, totally loving it :) in class we actually started playing that Questions game that R&G did. :rolleyes: it was hilarious.

mouldy_bread

HSC
I had to sit through a v. long Hamlet movie, Kenneth Branner/Brenner (whatever his name is) directed and starred in it - he either spoke with a voice dripping with irony and disdain or yelled.

chocaholiic

HSC
emma/clueless

emma and clueless !!!! yay. yes, we hav to read emma[borrriiinggg]...but get rewarded with watching clueless- soooo hilarious!

" \/\/ateverrrrrr!"

Moonlite

HSC
Blade Runner & Brave New World... they're not that bad once you get used to them actually... and they seem to be the most popular too... :D

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Im doing emma and clueless but I just read brave new world as a part of my speculative fiction ext 1. english related texts component and I envy those of you doing blade runner/brave new world. It's an incredibly awesome book.

Bec_NOT_Brooke

HSC
what!!

sure if your not doing Brave New World and Blade Runner you'd want to, i can understand you liking the book, but blade runner was so confusing, does everyone have to watch the diretors cut? and do you think Decard is a replicant? its just so trippy!!
i envy all those who get to do clueless and emma, they are classics!!

ohleiohleiheho

HSC
Yeah I'm doing the directors cut too, yes and blade runner is VERY confusing no fun at all!! I understand your envy I am one of three classes who do bnw/br while everyone else does emma and clueless!

devious_lisa

HSC
Trev said:
Emma/Clueless; I think this is the most popular choice, though if it was my decision I would not have chosen it (Emma, urgh!).
yupz such a boring book =/

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Br/bnw

so many people are doing bladerunner and brave new world.. more competition to deal with

Last edited:

Do_It

Alli Kats Bitch
HSC
Doin Imaginary life (Malouf)/William Words worths selected poems. I had to buy the Wordsworth book again coz i Drooled all over the text while takin a nap. Both texts are quite boring, so good luck to those in the same position as me!

~Do it!

niteshade1312

HSC
I actually love Hamlet, and hate R and G< I must be the first. Not really an absurdist theatre go-er!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)