Class of 2025 (2025 HSC CHAT) (1 Viewer)

melanie_o

HSC
Omg, guys, I did my 3u maths assessment and I got 30% :)/). It was perms and combs + binomial. It was entirely my fault, I HATED the topic. All of the marks I got were for binomial (since algebra>>>). I felt stupid during Perms + Combs.

Though, I've looked at the other topics in prelim and I find them interesting (I'm weak at the knees for graphing and trig). Should I drop 3u and focus on 2u (AT1 - 88% -> all wrong marks were careless errors 😭 )? I've looked at 4u for y12 and the complex number topics look interesting. If I work hard on perms + combs can I have a 3u comeback in 12? Also, does anyone have any advice for perms + combs because I legitimately feel stupid, even the supposedly 'E1 level' questions had me stressing.

melanie_o

HSC
My school uses it too! Atomi I think is good for basic level revision and repetitive practice mostly. The videos aren't too bad for a basic foundation and its good that they have a lot of topics on it but it can be quite simple at times
Atomi is the only way I learn in bio because my teacher gives presentations with a million words a slide! + They legit don't teach. The only problem I find is that the teachers on Atomi use a lot of colloquial/'slang' language which is good for understanding tricky processes/ideas but I would really like to see some synthesised definitions T^T.

lolcti

HSC
N/A
Atomi is the only way I learn in bio because my teacher gives presentations with a million words a slide! + They legit don't teach. The only problem I find is that the teachers on Atomi use a lot of colloquial/'slang' language which is good for understanding tricky processes/ideas but I would really like to see some synthesised definitions T^T.
Atomi is shit for bio , don’t recommend - but if your teacher sucks, yeah that’s a you issue but like dw cause same

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Omg, guys, I did my 3u maths assessment and I got 30% :)/). It was perms and combs + binomial. It was entirely my fault, I HATED the topic. All of the marks I got were for binomial (since algebra>>>). I felt stupid during Perms + Combs.

Though, I've looked at the other topics in prelim and I find them interesting (I'm weak at the knees for graphing and trig). Should I drop 3u and focus on 2u (AT1 - 88% -> all wrong marks were careless errors 😭 )? I've looked at 4u for y12 and the complex number topics look interesting. If I work hard on perms + combs can I have a 3u comeback in 12? Also, does anyone have any advice for perms + combs because I legitimately feel stupid, even the supposedly 'E1 level' questions had me stressing.
perms and combs is very difficult

aqwerty13402

HSC
If you are teaching urself the content because of a shit teacher, biggest tip for bio is don't route learn. By this I mean don't focus on memorising certain concepts, rather make sure that you understand them and can explain them. Atomi might actually be good for that, if it's your main way of studying. Watch an atomi video / any other resource, then write it out, trying to synthesise the information. THen go and teach it to your parent/pet/friend/wall. I barely use notes for a lot of subjects and I score well (usually) :angel:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)