• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Classical Greek Cont. & Ext. Class of 07 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Sidus is a better word for star.

I hardly sent you emails about reading myspace, like ever. Plus I was using it in full consciousness of how much of a piece of shit it was. So why now, if I have apparently gotten wiser, should I use facebook when I know it is just as much of a piece of shit?

That sounded like a chunk of Electra, anyway.

"What didn't we tell Steph?" indeed!

antiphon

HSC
@Julia: *blinks* I didn't even notice the lights, what was so cool about them?

@Zara: we have to pay the firefighters if they come for false alarms anyway...I forget how much. (Nick, do you remember?) comes from our school fees XD and I think we've had, in all our time at high school, about 10 false alarms?

Mr Gumby

HSC
Pay the firemen? I do remember we had a lot of evacuation 'drills' when the French exchange students were here. There was a joke they set them all off by smoking in the toilets. Not entirely improbable. As soon as they left the school they all sat down in Hyde Park at lit up.

I learnt 'Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer' and 'Jingle Bells' in Latin once. I think it goes
'tinc tinc tonc, tinc tinc tonc
tintinnabula!
quam iucundum uehere in raeda festiua!'
and for Rudolph:
'Rudolphus ceruus nasum
rubicundum habebat
quem si uidere possis
elucere referas'.
Quite catchy actually.

Seems I've fallen quite behind. Anyway, the main proof of the stupidity of the School Certificate is that I got a Band 6 in Maths. Jeremy will know that that really is saying something.

The two-toothed goat isn't a sore point with me, it just annoys me that Dr Stevens, probably out of bitterness from his awareness, deep down, that Vergil is superior, can boil down one of the great classics of world literature to 'a two-toothed goat'. I'm not even sure which bit he's referring to, becaue I don't remember that. I think I would remember it. What you need to understand is that straightforward literalism won't work with Vergil as well as it so obviously does with Homer.

deus ex machina may be a Latin term but it refers to Greek tragedy, as in when the gods are lowered over the stage by the crane (machina in Latin). Like what happens with the Dioscuri in Electra. So you can bame the Greeks for inventing it.

HSC
I know. There was a reason I said 'term'. Or something like that anyway - I don't remember the word, but I remember being particular about it.

Nothing beats 'duc duc remus duc'.

I don't remember exactly what was cool about the lights, but they were XD. Iunno, I think they made cool patterns on the ceiling.

Hmm. Remember that bomb-scare we had in year 3 Zaz?

HSC
Ilaria was the best exchange student there ever was! Man I miss her muchly! She was the BOMB and frikkin hilarious! From Italy was with me for 3 classes in yr 11! She liked Aussie Idol and we liked teasing her about her millions of boyfriends XD

Most exciting drill or rather non-drill I've ever been in was in yr 7 before school one morning. I seemed to be sitting on top of Zara or Nat's locker in their tutor room talking to people (I think I was with Nat, possibly Lindley etc as well) and the fire alarm on the colonade went off because of the builders. We all didn't pay any attention to it, until Mrs Moore was suddenly standing at the door, telling us that the fire alarm went off and that we really should have evacuated, but I think we all gave her funny "um like we didn't see no smoke" looks giggled and she walked off...I may or may not have been swearing when she walked in too. *shrugs* What's new?

HSC
And, made up Latin poetry and stories are much better than any song in Latin any day, unless someone wants to translate "Sexy Back", "Milkshake" or any other truly icky and highly amusing song into Latin.

Oh yeah, we just need to know the whole of Thucy Book 4 in translation right? Oh dear god, has anyone found a good summary!?

(See I'm talking about GREEK on the GREEK thread)

antiphon

HSC
yeah, don't we get a fine for false alarms?

yes. that is indeed saying something. and I think Gareth said he topped the state in Aus Geo, so...

I'm pretty sure Dr Stevens said it was a two-toothed sheep, not goat. but whatever the case is, never has there been such an "oh, snap!!!" worthy moment as when he first shut. you. dooooown. :) (and stop taking it so personally, Freak-boy, just...laugh along.)

I thought we were meant to totally ignore Greek on this thread...for the sake of irony, if nothing else.

HSC
For the sake or irony maybe, but hey what the hell I can't be bothered to ask a genuinely greek related question elsewhere.

HSC
Considering all the discussion about our greek trial has been via phone and facebook... XD

o: Shut down?

o: Lama?

HSC
I always knew this place was distracting.

The minute I come to get the Electra I haven't printed my mind goes "Oh yeah let's check out the BOS".

SO here I am reading about Nicholas and Ross' 'inappropriate' interactions in Greek class and their on going love affair.

First of all, I would argue that the 3 of us, or mainly me and then Zara and then Ki gets dragged into acting 'inappropriate' all the time, so we win. Although, I do admit that I think coming to one of you grammar lots greek classes would have been HILARIOUS.

Also, I bags some sort of 'god-parentage' rights on Nicholas and Ross's kids when they have them. Um, how about baby number 3? (Ohshuddup people have started claiming my kids too...1-4 are left, but 5 has been taken ^_^)

I went to primary school with Charlotte and Rebecca in yr 6. They were in my class and, well, yes.

And Nicholas appears to have a fetish with Classics textbooks, gods help him!?

I still think Nissa and my 'lesbian affair' in yr 10 tops all 'inner school' (for the lack of a better term) same sex relationships. I mean we had half the grade thinking we were lesos thanks to Teresa, which I had to sort out by yelling the house down. But hey I reckon the perfect revenge was taken out on her.

One Cleo + One Nekkid Girl Sealed Section + Teresa+One Wall---->Teresa run into to wall+ Teresa getting bump on her head + us laughing our arses off

I'm not a bitch, come on that's a bloody funny way to get revenge. You had to be there to see it. XD

Then again, you and me have had a hot affair, haven't we Zara!? But Ki you are just as much involved when it's "cheat" season.

HSC
Well if we're bagsing god-parentage, I want baby #1 of Steph and Zara's and #2 of Ross and Nicholas's.

Steph, maybe you should have put a little more context for that scenario :p

And Jeremy, if you didn't know, Steph and Zara are getting married. :3

HSC
Then I bags baby #1 of yours (joint with Zazie XD--> not your baby with Zazie but you know :p)

Oh the Nissa and me becoming lesos? (Is that gramatically correct?)

Well we decided that it would be funny to tell Teresa we were lesbians and going to the yr 10 formal together just to see her face.

She's a really conservative Catholic and the Bible is absolute LAW to her so we knew we would get a HILARIOUS reaction.
She's had fun preaching to me over the years because she knows I'm pretty much an athiest or more rather someone who really dngaf either way and because she thinks I'm wrong and every other religion is wrong. She's highly intolerant, but trust me I won't start on something here. It has been suggested she should become a nun or a new one from me "move to the bible belt southern USA".

Either way.

Teresa=MASSIVE PAIN over the years.

*shrugs* She's ok in miniscule doses.

GOIN' TO THE CHAPLE (field of Daisies, Nudist Beach or the British MOORS) AND WE'RE GONNA GET MA-A-A-RIED!

Zara gets no say in the location. XD

antiphon

HSC
Julia: "shut down" meaning...uh...I'm struggling to come up with a definition that doesn't involve "shut" or "down". how about, "extremely effective rebuttal (which often hits the recipient on a personal level)"?

hm. I'd hate to be your teacher if you do to each other what Ross and Nick do to each other in class. no. what Ross does to Nick and what Nick does to Ross' writing implements. wait...would I really hate that? :p

what was it revenge for, though? what did she do wrong?

there seems to be a lot of while-in-high-school marriages going on...

ok, guess I've got No.1 from Nick and Ross. unless Steph? Julia? want to share? you'd be doing all the organising. (yeah, I'm lazy. :))

HSC
I think my brain is just about to explode at either the amount of horribly dirty thoughts that just probably went in, or trying to work if there's anyway I can not take that the wrong way or the amount of ways I can take that the wrong way...INNER CONFLICT I SAY, which is making me go on a HORRIBLE INNER JOURNEY (perhaps)

We've never really gotten that 'physical' in Greek. Our teachers know we're dirty, anyway. But Greek class can get quite scary to the point we sit in silence. SO you guys probably win? Too bad it wasn't suggested that we all join Greek class for a 'mini study day' just to observe all these interactions.

The revenge was her opening her mouth and telling people we were 'lesbians' when it wasn't her place to do so and she was generally fishing for attention amongst the 'so-called' popular group. If you're referring to the magazine flashing.

Let's hope as the number of kids increases the hottness of their kids increase too. XD XD

Hell, you know what, I'll so plan Nicholas and Ross' wedding. Hell they can have a JOINT wedding with Zara and I and we can get passed the authorities that way and we won't have to get married in Canada!

JOINT WEDDING IT IS!

Who wants to help plan!? XD

Fakhri

HSC
hey,

did anyone ask me if i wanted a joint wedding???

HAha...well i do i think it would be brilliant...but steph you are not choosing the venue...tough...you can plan the wedding but i am choosing outfits and locations.....only cause otherwise we will be naked on the moors or something awful...and it will be cold..i hate cold..

your greek class sounds far worse than ours..we just allude to everything we never actually get physical...unless you count the leg thing...but that only started cause jane taught it to me...so its her fault....but her wrongness is due to her being a gay man...so i guess i can't blame her...

btw ki, sooo remember bomb scare in year 3...it was during exams wasn't it??? i remember Ms Martyn getting all freaked...and i think as a result of that i thought about putting a bomb in the middle of the molydive field...just to freak everyone out...cause if i take away the place everyone evacuates to where oh where will they go??? HAHAH...

i remember the lesbian thing...i didn't even know about it until Rachel W..asked me who steph was taking to the formal...i said nissa...and she gave me a look......but yeah poor her...i mean i accept that she is a religious person but she didnt have to constantly prech it and basically ignore every other religion.....

btw if everyone is bagging kids..what about me...oh well i guess i will just have to have affairs and have loads of my own kids....i am already married to amily and have a girlfriend in steph and having an affair with ki and kayley...so here's hoping i can just find a few more people..then i am right...
but i want kid no. 2 from nicholas and ross...sorry ki..i like even no. and no.2 specifically....

btw random question...do you guys every talk to michael...i mean...cause your class seems very simliar to how our greek class is.....except you have an extra person....does he have a lover??.....

Fakhri

HSC
hah..replying to my own message..
no..
i forgot...
LATIN SONGS ARE NOT STUPID...they rule...they got me an emily very weird looks while in both greece and italy...and were really sad when we didn't know classical greek songs...but still...it was funny in italy...

plus mica mica is such a cute song...soo cute...so is duc duc remis duc...but mica mica is sweeter...

why do you know christmas songs nicholas??...thats weirder than nursery songs....
but now we just need christmas and go to carols by candle light and then we can sings them...yah!!!

HSC
I should say more songs we'd normally sing in English translated into Latin are a bit annoying. Then again don't get me started on my hate of "church" latin. But church songs sung in Latin are so so so beautiful. Like at RSCM and when we had to do mass at St Mary's. I don't mind having to sing in church, just don't make me sit through a service. *gonk* (it's really cute when all the oldies come up to you and say you sounded really pretty and stuff! ^_^)

Anyone want to translate Sexy Back into Greek for me? *halo* How funny would that sound in Greek though?

Carols in the Domain is the best Christmas thingy EVER! My favourite Christmassy thing to do is sing carols! I mean Emmy and I were oh so talented singing all the descants. :p (yay for high pitched noise pollution)

Still Zara, I think if we had the opportunity to be in a Greek class situation like them constantly we would have been mucking up 10 million times worse.

Nuuuu way I already said you had absolutely no say in the venue! You can choose the clothes and the flowers, ok? I get to choose the cake!! (mmmm something vanillary with lots of cream and strawberries in the shape of CAKEZILLA)

Well at least you'll probably get more say in this joint wedding than Nicholas and Ross.

I hate the cold too. (How COLD is TODAY!?) If we got married on the Moors we wouldn't be in the nuddy! That's saved for the Nudist beach if we have it there!

By the way Ki, if we go and visit the Nudist Beach at Lizzie will we have to go nekkid too? >.<

Bahahahaha thank god Rachel asked you so you could tell me and I could go threaten to KILL TERESA before the situation got really out of hand. But you've got to admit, it was fun while it lasted.

Yeah, I do feel sorry for Teresa, however because she is so intolerant of every other person's beliefs and feels that it's her duty to correct people I have no tolerance for her. Plus her saying that her ancestors were Hebrews really absolutely and utterly pissed me off to the point of no return.

Plus she was highly self absorbed and just generally didn't know when to shut up. "Oh my god Steph I'm so DUMB" "Erm you go to Ruse?" (or really I don't know how the hell you got into Ruse but SHUT UP anyway)

But whatever, everytime she tries to talk to me on MSN I tell her I'm studying and to go away...surprisingly unlike most people I'd feel real bad if I blocked her. I do try to be nice to her.

Well Zara was it you and me who decided we were going to have 10 kids between us or 10 kids each?

Either way so far you, me, Ki and Kayley are having babies at the same time...or if you want to go by me and Emmy's plan which was to live in her Melbourne house and have lots of babies that's fine too.

Anyway, Zare I'm stopping at 5 because I like odd numbers and 5 is one of my favourite numbers and it has significance to me. So yeah, plus I think Alex predicts I'll get landed with 5! :p

I can see you with 2 or 3 kids for some reason Zara, but 10 is a nice even number! XD You'll have to make sure their father's are really rich and you get kazillions in child support...then I'll have to come and live off you too. *smirks*

You and Ki can share Nicholas/Ross baby 2!? Well they have to have at least 3 kids, so we'll have to be present at like 3 births BAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

But bagging god parentage is very important, so I bags baby 3 of yours Zara!

Either way, I think we should also plan Nicholas and Ross a baby shower! XD

And yeah, I second Zara, what does Michael do in class?

HSC
Sorry, Zaz, I have baby #2. You can have #22. Or we can share and I'll have half of #1 with Jeremy then XDD

Nono, Jeremy, I understood what 'shut down' meant - I meant how did this occur?

We won't need to go to Shelly nekkid, Steph, no. Might fit in better that way, but no. It's not actually a nudist beach as such, it's a 'private beach', which seems to mean clothing optional.

What does Ross do to Nicholas and what does Nicholas do to Ross' writing implements?

We did have quite a bit of lap-sitting at one point. Mostly we just sit there laughing at our lovely references.

So I'm married to Lama, have a formal partner in Spud and am having affairs with Zara and Steph? I think I need to keep track of it all or I'll forget :p

Speaking of Teresa, we were driving behind a car today with the numberplate 'CANUCK' in red and white, and a big Canadian sticker on the back...

Maybe once they've had the 3/22 kids they can write a book on how they overcame the anatomical issues and make millions.

We were having a discussion about you lot yesterday (as we do :3), and someone mentioned that she imagined you three together talking and being involved while Michael sat apart, looked up at the ceiling going *"I'm not really here!"*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)