Clearing up question - position or internal mark? (1 Viewer)

lisraeli

HSC
Hey everyone, I just need one thing cleared up. I've been told by my teachers/deputy that your internal mark does not matter when the exams come around, only your position. As in 1st place will recieve the highest external mark, account for 50%, and the 2nd place wil lreceive the 2nd highest mark.

After coming onto this site and read a few threads and asking a few other people, I'm led to believe that the school DOES send in the internal marks, and they are alligned accordingly from the class average, state average and external mark combined.

Could someone clear this up for me? Which one occurs? Are the internal marks sent in and altered, or are the positions alligning to the ranking in the HSC external exam? Thanks a lot guys

lisraeli

HSC
so the internal marks matter, why would our school and some of the threads on this site tell me the wrong thing?

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
lisraeli said:
so the internal marks matter, why would our school and some of the threads on this site tell me the wrong thing?
dunno...

I guess it is easier to understand that way and roughly correct.

helper

HSC
N/A
Can't answer for your school as they would know they send in marks not ranks. Here it is because a lot of people pass on what they have heard, which isn't always correct. Especially when people simplify the system down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)