Clerical recheck of exams-how does it work (1 Viewer)

rink

HSC
hey ppl,
I wanna get my english exams re checked coz i have a feeling they might have added it up wrong or something. I was just wondering, if I get it rechecked and lets say that they do find that it's been added up wrong, then will they change my whole hsc mark and then also my UAI.......in addition, because i missed out on a premiers award coz of english (got 88) lets say they find a mistake and that they pull my hsc mark up to 90, would i then be able to get the award? Thanks in advance, im so shocked at my english mark!

oh and another question, if they check it and they did in fact add it up wrong but lets say they find that they gave me more than i should have gotten then will they lower my hsc mark and lower my uai

cheers

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Your marks can't be lowered as a result of a recheck.

I'm sure they would be happy to give you the Premier's Award if you became eligible for it.

danieljarvis

HSC
can you ask them to re-mark a paper... i.e. my maths paper as i am VERY sus about my mark. As i have a bad feeling in one section the marker did not IPE and cost me 2 marks.

Captain pi

HSC
danieljarvis said:
can you ask them to re-mark a paper... i.e. my maths paper as i am VERY sus about my mark. As i have a bad feeling in one section the marker did not IPE and cost me 2 marks.
You can ask your principal to apply for an anomalous result inquiry.

HOWEVER, you should consider that:

Such a discrepancy would not have been noticeable in your HSC marks (A difference of two raw marks would probably correspond to a difference of one HSC mark); and
You must demonstrate that your mark was anomalous. I don't think the Board would accept a deviation of two marks as worthy of inquiry; but there's no real harm in asking.

danieljarvis

HSC
hmm alright thanks guys will think about it. it would have just been two marks. and i suppose all up that would add maybe .03 or some crap to my uai anyways..
but.. 98 is better than 96.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)