clerical recheck (1 Viewer)

psyche

Hey all...I was wonderin whether ne1 knew of a person's marks gettin altered after rechecking cos i was planning to query my chem mark....and another thing...when should i send in the application and when does it get answered (approx. just for an idea).

Thanks ppl..

Ova The hILLS

HSC
HEY!!! i want to check my chem mark too!!
my assessment mark 85, exam mark 75!!! like what the hell?
do you think that's normal?
or should i get a check?

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
checking is technically useless. because my physics tutor's friend got some papers checked because he was 0.01 off his course cut off. in clerical rechecks, they don't actually go through your paper and mark it again like they say they do, all they do is add up your marks again to make sure your marks haven't been added wrongly, 99.99% change says you won't get an extra mark.

krabby_me

Footy Fan (go cats)
HSC
I went worse in chem then i thought i would to. It seems that everyone i talk to got a band 4. Although i havent read about all these people on here getting 95,94,98 etc.

Prashanthy

j for johnny
in the purple-lined palace of sweet sin, where the
HSC
yeh. i want to get my chem mark checked as well. but u guyz don't think its worth it? bcos i came out of that exam feeling ELATED it was better than my trial, and i got 88 raw for my trial, but somehow my chem exam mark was 87, and i mean, thas after it was aligned and everything, so i must have gotten like late 70s raw. and that just didin't look right to me.

Captain pi

HSC
I have removed last year's form as a link has been since provided to this year's form.

If you are aggrieved of this, you should talk to your principal about getting an "anomalous result inquiry". This is not an avenue of appeal, and you need to provide evidence that your result was anomalous (although I don't think this will be too difficult).

If you are aggrieved of the result of this inquiry, you can apply for your papers through Freedom of Information rights – although this is a tortuous process to do on your own.

If you would like to gain access to your raw marks and marks in each Question, you can e-mail me: I'm conducting a class action through FOI.

Last edited:

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
if the recheck is lower than the first mark, which one is counted? Is there harm in rechecking (apart from paying $24 for the english papers and $12 for others)

I'm considering a recheck... extremely disappointed with my English Extension 2 (oh and while I'm on it, anyone know if they give you back the diary and the Major Work?)

Ova The hILLS

HSC
omg checking for chem is $12?!! i thought it was like $40!! i'm definately getting rechecked!
do they check if there's a page that's missing? or not marked or do they just chekc the marks!
i want chem re- checked!!!

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Your marks cannot be lowered as a result of a recheck.

Diaries and major works for English Extension 2 will be sent to your school.

mashimaro1987

HSC
wat if dey recheck da mark and it's should be less than u hav at da moment...will dey deduct ur mark?

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
I thought he said that too... so wouldn't hurt for a recheck... (if you're loaded, that is)

I'm interested i the amount of time they take too...

Ova The hILLS

HSC
yea coz i need the mark for prelim offer..no point if they change it after i already miss out hahaha

Captain pi

HSC
Ova The hILLS said:
do anyone know how fast they can check the clerical recheck?
I applied for two courses last year on December 22; I received notice of the result on 4 January.

If you require an urgent re-check, call the HSC Advice Line 13 11 12; tell them what the urgency is and how you can prioritize your request.

Ova The hILLS

HSC
:p is it common for marks to be changed or are they normally pretty accurate and i'm just fussing over nothing? did you're get changed?

bradc1988

HSC
I got 84 in Chemistry as an examination mark which I thought was strange. That works out to be 70s raw and I'm pretty sure I did much better then that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)