cloudstreet (1 Viewer)

dragons_girl

HSC
ive got an assesment task that i am having problems with and any help would be great!!!

"there are as many ways of interpreting and valuing a text as there are readers."
do you agree?
justify your response through an examination of cloudstreet and a selectioin of some of the readings that you have incountered.
to what extent do you agree with these readings of wintons novel.

any ideas on how to handle this task would be a great help. thankyou.

tomcats 72

HSC
I didn't study cloudstreet but I did study King Lear for this module. I would handle it in two steps, first examine the different readings of the text then discuss the context of these readings and how the context has effected these readings. I would take the approach that no reading of the text is wrong, they just vary and are influenced by there context.

*pixie*

HSC
hey!! we have the same essay question to answer.
as i am sure that you have been given numerous handouts on reviews of cloudstreet ranging from a number fields.(eg. spiritual, feminist....) you have to pick a few reading that appeal to you in some way. read them thoughroughly and then pick out the critical quotes. from this, interpret the quote as you see it, the compare or contrast this with your own opinion, linkingit to important parts of the book.
Do this for every text that you choose. be wary though. do not try to cover too many texts. you will simply run out of time. Pick only a few readings, and make the most of them.
doing it like this will show that you have a firm grasp on other peoples views and also a clear understanding of cloudstreet itself.
Good luck.. hope this was some help..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)