Clubs and Social Life in UWS? (1 Viewer)

purplemonkey

HSC
bahahahah :rofl: ...sladehk's right, there is no social life there, in terms of clubs and societies (unless you're part of a religious group, I've seen them around, with their little stalls) but other than that...nah...we tried to start a movie screening group last year but that just all fell over :oops: ...we have sport teams, but there spread over all the campuses..so you may need to travel a bit if its not on your home campus

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
almost non-existence compare to the other uni i have studied before.

Optophobia

HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
Are we allowed to start our own clubs?
No. The anti-club-starting-police will pop out of the gum trees and burn any plans that you may have for starting a club.
-------
donnytuco said:
Hows all that like?
UWS has balls and small clubs, but it's not like there is some huge dance floor where everyone congregates and parties.

Edit: lol.. UWS has balls.. LOOK WHAT I JUST SAID, LOL! :uhhuh:

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
Optophobia said:
No. The anti-club-starting-police will pop out of the gum trees and burn any plans that you may have for starting a club.
sounds like fun. can we join the people burning plans? lol

g_dob

HSC
without trying to sound too nerdy- ... any1 know if UWS has a chess club?

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
i think they said somehting today about the bar being open from 5:00pm monday-thursday, live bands or whatever else at 9:00 on the thursdays. not sure if thats only for hawkesbury or how it works.

and yeah, def sounds like natstar knows whats goin on lol.

dynasty

HSC
(enigma) said:
i think they said somehting today about the bar being open from 5:00pm monday-thursday, live bands or whatever else at 9:00 on the thursdays. not sure if thats only for hawkesbury or how it works.

and yeah, def sounds like natstar knows whats goin on lol.
heyy, i was at the science orientation at hawkesbury too! haha sorry i just wanted to point that out

^mel^

HSC
I'm part of the anti-club-starting club...
Is UWS seriously this boring? That's definately one for the cons list...

Last edited:

kerfuffle

HSC
They have an anime club. xD
I was surprised when I found out. I wasn't expecting one to be at UWS.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
kathelle said:
Oi does UWS have its own Radio Station/Club thing like some other unis?
I heard at the penrith campus or something they have a tv station in conjunction with some other people...might not be true though...but I haven't heard anyhting about a Radio station...

kerfuffle

HSC
You're right about the TV station - UWS is 'one of the educational partners of TVS (Television Sydney)'.
I haven't heard anything about a radio station, either.

L

LaraB

kerfuffle said:
You're right about the TV station - UWS is 'one of the educational partners of TVS (Television Sydney)'.
I haven't heard anything about a radio station, either.
My brother did communications, and from his assessments, what i could gather is that they do have all those kinds of media stuff but it's not there for "social clubs" per se really, it's more for teh communications students who do this stuff ofor assessments and work experience and 'extra credit' so to speak etc..

I'm sure you could use them if you approach the right people, but the students get priority because a lot of the tvs stuff etc are their actual assessments, not stufft hey just do for fun.

dilroy

HSC
Don't know about you guys but I find the Parramatta campus to be a little shit. No ATM, a few km's away from a decent feed, no gym, too many people smoke, people would rather play with their mobiles than make new friends.

Socially it's ok, but I find you have to talk to people first otherwise they won't do or say anything lol. But it's just the first few weeks so I guess it's ok. As for clubs I wouldn't know in Parramatta, I saw the Islamic one the other day... and that was about it. I was expecting to see at least some union power like other uni's but meh... you get what you deserve, me = 70 UAI

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)