Clueless=Cher.. (1 Viewer)

leannespeaks

HSC
In the movie Clueless...I'm just wondering if both Amber and Elton want a piece of Cher for themselves in order to gain popularity?

for what i saw, Amber is a cher wannabe and Elton wants cher because of popularity reasons...

I'm doing an essay for society and culture regarding adolescent experiences(The Breakfast Club and Clueless) and I just want to include some things about subcultures ,social status and hierarchies

i think my reasoning sounds retarded....? anyhow.. i just want to knoe if u guys agree to my reasoning...i don't want to sound biased or anything..:worried:

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
What do you mean by Amber wanting a piece of Cher for herself? Amber, I think, is just always trying to be better than Cher by constantly using sarcastic comments to put her down. So yes, Amber is trying to step over Cher to climb the social ladder but not necessarily getting a piece of Cher or wanting to be like her. You're right about Elton.

I did Clueless for English so I'm not sure if it's of any use to you in S&C.

HSC
If you were going to use Clueless for SOC i wouldnt focus on Elton and Amber and their relationships with cher but rather cher's relationship with other cliques in the movie. I remember she talked about the skaters and the cool dudes and all that. The fact that Cher is 'popular' means that she has a very biased view of the people at her school. You could use that.

I thin the Breakfast Club is an excellent movie for SOC, we watched that in SOC too.

Maybe you could watch Not Another Teen Movie? that's packed full of dramatic stereotypes of subcultures and cliques in high school etc etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)