Clunk.... (1 Viewer)

colli-17

HSC
I was driving home this afternoon, and as it was dropped to 2nd as i turned into our drive way, i heard i dull clunk from the arse of my hilux, havent had a chance to look under it yet but any thoughts??? i think it might be play in the tail shaft as i have just had the lsd and gearbox rebuilt....

codydhu

AdherentFollower
HSC
colli-17 said:
I was driving home this afternoon, and as it was dropped to 2nd as i turned into our drive way, i heard i dull clunk from the arse of my hilux, havent had a chance to look under it yet but any thoughts??? i think it might be play in the tail shaft as i have just had the lsd and gearbox rebuilt....
I hear that sound when i drive my mums car around corners quick.. i spose i would describe it as a 'dull clunk'... i thought it was just something in the boot but there wasnt anything in the boot.

Probably the same thing? is it serious?

colli-17

HSC
Possibly just play in the uni joints in the tail shaft, Depends on what type of your car your mum has, if its front wheel drive i doubt it lol

cb205

HSC
Play somewhere along the tail of the driveline (From the yoke of the gearbox all the way back) sounds likely.

I'd get underneath, check how much play is in the uni joins, hand turn the tailshaft (release the park-brake, and have the vehcile in neutral) and see how much play is there - as that is a really good indication.

Another explanation (this is highley inlikely) is that it could just be nothing - but I wouldn't bet my car on that.

if you want any more info, email or pm me

cheers
steve

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)