Co-op Scholarship (1 Viewer)

Louiis

HSC
Just wanted to know what happens if after 1 year the coop scholarship is withdrawn or you choose to withdraw from the program. Do you get to keep the money you've been paid? Or do you have to refund a portion of it?

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Nah I read in the scholar manual that it's paid fortnightly :)
Yea it is that. But for your purposes for being there for a year, you would retain what ever you had upto that point.

hjed

HSC
If you drop out you would have to pay it back, they said that at the seminar thing before the interviews

Louiis

HSC
If you drop out you would have to pay it back, they said that at the seminar thing before the interviews
The whole scholarship money back? or just a portion say for example until your last ITE?

hjed

HSC
The whole scholarship money back? or just a portion say for example until your last ITE?
They weren't very clear, I suspect that it would be a case by case basis.

D94

HSC
N/A
It is up until your last ITE, but you must also give 3 months notice otherwise you will have to pay back double the money you earned from your last ITE as well.

Money is paid fortnightly.

ismeta

HSC
What D94 said :) You pay back all the money since your last ITE, and you must also give sufficient notice or you have to pay back 6 months worth of scholarship funds. (see: page 7 of http://www.coop.unsw.edu.au/current_scholars/downloads/files/scholarmanual.pdf) i.e. if you drop out after a year and have done no placement, you have to pay back everything that you've been given.

There was more detail in the scholar's agreement, but admittedly I have forgotten what it said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)