Co-op (1 Viewer)

xQuIsIt

HSC
HI everyone

Does anyone know why the coop book shop has not listed our texts for this semester??? The same thing happen last semester too!! :confused:

Thanks .

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
^^ which imo doesn't make sense because the other unis have their lists up and the books can be searched on the main site and you can see the prices

because of the competition from the other retailers.
you will have to go instore to see the book list.
i don't know if it is available yet.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
i went a few days ago. there is NO list and they expect you to go to a guy on a computer so he can tell you the books we need. It was very fustrating because i had all these questions and it felt like i couldnt ask them all. I wanted to make sure it was 100% the right text, i wanted to knwo if it was a text or just 'recommended'... etc. all things that would easily be put on a list....

If they are doing thsi because of competition.. i think they will actually lose more business. If they had the list there i would have got the books there and then. But now, because im a little unsure of all the details, im going to wait until a few weeks after uni, and by that time there will be many chances that i might get in touch with a second hand copy or find out cheaper prices from competition..

.... maybe im just rambling now. it is 1 am afterall :)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
contact the lecturers in charge, if all else fails.

although, some of them are majorly lazy, so don't hold your breath.

Smokin'Squirrel

Learning to Surf
HSC
If you're really desperate, I'm sure the course outlines will be up soon on webct, showing which texts you'll need. I know I already have a few available.

Maybe a stupid idea but why don't you just enjoy the last of your holidays and worry about the texts in a few weeks...

X

xeuyrawp

Cyan_phoeniX said:
i went a few days ago. there is NO list and they expect you to go to a guy on a computer so he can tell you the books we need. It was very fustrating because i had all these questions and it felt like i couldnt ask them all. I wanted to make sure it was 100% the right text, i wanted to knwo if it was a text or just 'recommended'... etc. all things that would easily be put on a list....
The solution is to stand there for 45 minutes and ask for the exact spelling, ISBN, full title, and author of each book you may or may not remotely need. :)

If they are doing thsi because of competition.. i think they will actually lose more business. If they had the list there i would have got the books there and then. But now, because im a little unsure of all the details, im going to wait until a few weeks after uni, and by that time there will be many chances that i might get in touch with a second hand copy or find out cheaper prices from competition..
I hope they lose all their business. If I was slightly more Left, and had already been admitted as a legal practitioner, I would challenge the Co-op's right to have exclusivity on course notes, especially when the basis of this right is to provide the notes under reasonable terms. The prices aren't reasonable.

The reason why they won't have the prices online is because the owner of the shop, Fey, is a paranoid bitch who finds it impossible to be the slightest bit flexible. To stop Text in the City from getting the Co-op prices, she decided she'll let NOONE get the prices.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i didn't realise webct was up and running, but it is

xQuIsIt

HSC
man this sux
every other uni have got their texts up
i dont see why we shouldnt have ours up aswell
it would have made things much easier that way!!

goodness. This is pathetic

X

xeuyrawp

xQuIsIt said:
man this sux
every other uni have got their texts up
i dont see why we shouldnt have ours up aswell
it would have made things much easier that way!!

goodness. This is pathetic
You will be saying that a lot - 'every other uni has texts up', 'has a functioning student body', 'has fresh sushi', 'has lecturers that actually turn up', etc etc...

HotShot

-_-
HSC
PwarYuex said:
You will be saying that a lot - 'every other uni has texts up', 'has a functioning student body', 'has fresh sushi', 'has lecturers that actually turn up', etc etc...
tats awesome..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)