• Group: $40hr or more

Votes: 78 7.6%
  • Group: Other (pelase post below)

Votes: 7 0.7%

• Total voters

euro

HSC
N/A
Yes reputation and your own personal improvement is what you must consider against fees.

HSC
Uni Grad
I charge $50/h privately for yr 11 and 12 students, and $30/h for yr 7/8 students. The difference is because I get stacks of emails from my senior students asking for marking of essays and questions etc. Also I give them loads of past papers, and go out of my way to accommodate them (missed many family/friend get togethors because of them) so that they can maintain their study routines. I charge a flat $35/h for groups up to 4 (table can only have 4 people)

fifi89

HSC
I also think it depends on several factors, particularly qualifications, experience and the level at which you are tutoring. I started at $25 per hour and have slowly raised my fee to $40 for primary and $45 for high school. I have high HSC results, an Honours degree and am an intern Clinical Psychologist currently undertaking postgraduate qualifications. I am also an experienced University teacher and marker and taught English overseas several years ago. I believe that the more qualifications and experience you accrue, the more your time is worth as a tutor. My students don't just pay for one hour of tutoring, I do an average of 1 hour of preparation for each student each week including personalised homework sheets for mathematics students. If you are really dedicated to your students and have several years of experience, it is important to avoid selling yourself short.

nba2k77

HSC
the Maths tutor I go to charge less than $25/hour and gives me so much work and past papers for no extra costs. You can ask for more if you want. It's a new centre and it has great facility with high quality. I strongly recommend to give it a try http://www.informationexchange.com.au/

rawrwill

HSC
I think around 50 /hr. For privates is fine. or 30 for classes.

pheelx3

l33t
HSC
group, anything over $20 an hour is ridiclous... like seriously just look at Dr Du… shoving as many students possible into one room at his overpriced costs. I understand the homework is very good and he had a doctorate in mathematics but still it seems so greedy to gain $50 x 50 students for one lesson...

private I say 50-75$ an hour is fair.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
group, anything over $20 an hour is ridiclous... like seriously just look at Dr Du… shoving as many students possible into one room at his overpriced costs. I understand the homework is very good and he had a doctorate in mathematics but still it seems so greedy to gain $50 x 50 students for one lesson...

private I say 50-75$ an hour is fair.
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Must revise my rates.

pheelx3

l33t
HSC
Thank you, thank you, thank you. Must revise my rates.
yes but it depends on your qualifications. I mean if you got 99.95 a few state ranks, 100th percentile UMAT, and you're coming first in med in your last year before graduation you'd be worth a lot.

but if you're just some first year uni guy who got 90 and did 3u math you wouldn't be worth much like $30 an hour tops. and I'm being really really generous here.

I said 50-70$ bc I always get qualified teachers that have previously taught me in coaching centers who I can literally "give my HSC to". no not making them wrote my essay but I mean eng is my weakest subject so I need the confidence and trust in a private tutor.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
What ATAR (or UAI or TER) did your qualified teachers get?

And what has coming out 1st in final year of Medicine (obviously very bright) got to do with ability in Maths, if engaged as maths tutor? Of course many got into Medicine with the help of outstanding HSC marks in Maths. But after that, they study no further maths - so how has coming out 1st in final year Med improved their Maths ability?

Last edited:

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
A good price is probably 25-30 but it is quite reasonable to find above 35.

hsclikeapro

HSC
Hi everyone,

I offer private tutoring sessions for Advanced English and PDHPE at $15 per hour within the Wollongong/Illawarra region. I recently graduated in 2014 and received a 97.9 ATAR. I was also ranked within the top 30 in Australia for PDHPE and acquired a mark of 96 for Advanced English.

If you are interested, please contact me!

Thank you,

Emma

Laki98

HSC
N/A
Hi Anyone teaching around Chatswood during July ? I need to catch up year 11 material esp English,Maths,Business studies.
thanks

diggler

HSC
N/A
I'm an ex teacher. I get about $40 an hour through a company. They take a cut on top of that. I go to the student home for one on one and only tutor up to general maths. Even though that sounds like a lot compared to what some people have quoted here, I've heard stories of $100 an hour from teachers in rich areas.

Zen2613

HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I've got an idea.
What if we paid tutors based on how much their students improved in exams ?
It makes way more sense to do it that way, although you'd actually need to be a good tutor to get anywhere, not to mention it makes things a bit more complicated... but what do you guys think of this business idea ?

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Hey guys, I've got an idea.
What if we paid tutors based on how much their students improved in exams ?
It makes way more sense to do it that way, although you'd actually need to be a good tutor to get anywhere, not to mention it makes things a bit more complicated... but what do you guys think of this business idea ?
What if the student is the lazy type that doesn't study

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
What if the student is the lazy type that doesn't study

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Well fuck them. The tutors actually need to focus more on the hardworking students rather than those lazy fuckwits who waste other people's time. Infact they should give more money to the tutors to compenste for wasting their time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)