code generation? (1 Viewer)

kamankitty

kamankitty
HSC
N/A
how would you explain the process of code generation (in the translation process)?

Glide

Source code gets compiled into object code (machine code) that the CPU can interpret and carry out instructions for.

I guess O_O

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Glide
Source code gets compiled into object code (machine code) that the CPU can interpret and carry out instructions for.

I guess O_O
Correct, that's as much as u need , because if they ask about translation my best bet would be asking about the whole thing general rather than making you talk a pargraph about a process where text books didn't cover so indepth.

saves.the.day

HSC
Originally posted by Winston
Correct, that's as much as u need , because if they ask about translation my best bet would be asking about the whole thing general rather than making you talk a pargraph about a process where text books didn't cover so indepth.
Ok. But what about the whole lexical and syntactical analysis? First formatting is discarded and then the elements of the resultant code are converted to tokens. The tokens are parsed into a parse tree before being traversed. Traversing is where each indiviual token is then finally converted to machine code.

They could be asking about that as thats in the syllabus. However, if it is a 1 or two marker, I'd just stick to an explanation that translation is high lever -> low level conversion blah blah

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
nope :? someones gonna be doing abit of studying tonight.,...

saves.the.day

HSC
Originally posted by Glide
... Thats for the option topic I take it?
It's not for the option topic its the common topic.

Translation comprises of
Lexical analysis
Syntactic anaylsis
Type checking
Conversion

Glide

Oh well... I'll look over that tomorrow morning.

Never did it in class.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)