Coffs Harbour Schoolies ? (1 Viewer)

Mike iE

HSC
My mates and i are looking at Coffs next year for schoolies. Can anyone give any info on past experiences or what it is like eg. pubs, clubs, do many schoolies go there etc. ???

Cheers

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think many places will be filled this year, less at qld (not that they will notice) and more at other places. so i reckon you will find some schoolies, and byron sounds popualr

Courtenay

HSC
N/A
less people r going to surfers these days
i think a few hotels are starting to drop out!

sunny

meh.
HSC
I was at Coffs for the eastern uni games this year, maybe we were on the wrong side of town, but it was rather quiet at night on the streets...except outside pubs and clubs :D

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
Originally posted by sunny
I was at Coffs for the eastern uni games this year, maybe we were on the wrong side of town, but it was rather quiet at night on the streets...except outside pubs and clubs :D
aw aw, do they have UNi baseball and softball for guys??

sunny

meh.
HSC
That depends on the club at the uni.

Some clubs take the uni games very seriously and do try outs at the beginning of the year and start training there. Remember you (tiny first year student) would be in there in the same pool as everyone else (ie, bigger, better 3rd 4th year students)

Others just take people along for the party :cool:

hbk_ace

your all F**k Liars
Originally posted by sunny
That depends on the club at the uni.

Some clubs take the uni games very seriously and do try outs at the beginning of the year and start training there. Remember you (tiny first year student) would be in there in the same pool as everyone else (ie, bigger, better 3rd 4th year students)

Others just take people along for the party :cool:
lol i probably go unsw and usyd....so how are they like in the base balll and softball department? GOOD? or just ok

Belle

You should be dancing
HSC
My friends and I went to Coffs this year, just got back yesterday :)

We aren't really the go out and party types but there are a few bars and nightclubs and stuff there...... can't give you much info there though since I am not yet 18 :p

There weren't many other schoolies up there from what we saw, only a couple of other groups but then we did go a bit late so meh.

We had lots of fun but if all you want to do is go to nightclubs and get pissed etc etc I would recommend going elsewhere. If not then it is a nice place to go :)

Bemi

Coffs for Schoolies!!

I live in Coffs so, it really depends if u want to be near the beach or not, the best club in town is the Plantation Hotel and they have a backpackers there, which is pretty cheap but u might need to see if they r booked out , otherwise u have all the hotels near Park Beach, which is one of the main beaches in Coffs.
The only problem with staying at the Plantation Hotel is that it is right in the centre of town (which is a good thing for schoolies cause its only a walk across the Highway to the other couple of clubs and pubs in town) but it is a fair way from the beach.

cayte

You'd have to take a car, you wouldn't have fun if you didn't have wheels. And I wouldn't recommend staying at Park Beach. Sawtell is nice and on the beach but only has the RSL and one pub. I'd suggest Byron too, but that's only cos I lived in Coffs and it doesn't seem like a holiday when I go there. There's more of a party atmosohere in Byron at schoolies, it's smaller and everyone's in the same place. Oh and none of the Coffs students will stay for schoolies, they all go up the coast.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Nah, Coffs is a shit hole. Sorry Bemi. Port Macquarie is the go.

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
Mike iE said:
My mates and i are looking at Coffs next year for schoolies. Can anyone give any info on past experiences or what it is like eg. pubs, clubs, do many schoolies go there etc. ???

Cheers
I will let you know when I get back from Coffs in a few weeks. Im staying at the BreakFree Aanuka Bay Resort, check it out.

gem_max

HSC
Coffs will provide both day and night activities but yeah you might need a car or lots of taxi cash... or become so drunk you dont mind walking :p

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
gem_max said:
Coffs will provide both day and night activities but yeah you might need a car or lots of taxi cash... or become so drunk you dont mind walking :p
how many schoolies are usually at coffs?

Mike iE

HSC
haha i posted this a year ago. we ended up booking a house for the 27th-4th. We are driving up, so we'll have transport (not that we'll be in any state to drive). We just plan to go to the beach during the day and pubs at night. We can make our own fun

Cactus

Sorcerer's Apprentice
HSC
lol im going on the exact same dates as you. we decided it was easier to fly than drive; although a road trip would have been kind of cool, there are 6 of us so we would have needed 2 cars. as i said we're at Aanuka resort, which has its own beach, pool facilities etc so no worries!

_Kyz

HSC
Coffs for schoolies? Its like hell boring but I guess I think that cause I live here, the only place to go is the Planto (Plantation) everywhere else is pretty shit

Not many of us from coffs are going to schoolies anyway, no one i know can afford it cause no one has jobs

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)