Cold War Crises (1 Viewer)

dr3amy

Hey is anyone doing Cold war? I know that we're suppose to know one crisis in depth, im thinking of dpoing the Cuban missile crisis or the berlin one but im not sure what we need to knoiw about it. Does anyone have any idea? would be VERY much appreciated

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Basically - you should know the cause, course and consequences of your crisis.

So why did it happen
What happened exactly
and what greater effects did it have for the cold war (ie. did it accelerate tensions, did it prompt peaceful co-existance, did it help relations)

You should also be able to link your crisis with other aspects of the cold war.

so for some of hte earlier crisis (which berlin would be one) you should be able to link it to the factors that cauesd the cold war.
hum mabye link isn't the right word...

you should be able to show parallels b/w your crisis and other aspects of hte cold war - that sounds better.

For example - i did Korea for mine and i showed how the ideology of hte cold war helped cause the conflict (ie. the idea of communism v capitalism), territorial cauess (sphere of influence) and economic causes (NSC68 document)

so berlin you would look at how ideology played a part in it, and then mabye territory.

Peartie

HSC
wasnt NSC68 more of a political/millitary cause than an economic cause - it increased defence spending but alos increase in military numbers....id have classed it as millitary o well...

MissSavage29

Resident Priss
HSC
Peartie said:
wasnt NSC68 more of a political/millitary cause than an economic cause - it increased defence spending but alos increase in military numbers....id have classed it as millitary o well...
yeah you are right - though for the purpose of Korea there are some links that you could make with economical apsects of the doctrine.

 NSC 68 attempted to make the United State the leading economical and political country
 Dean Acheson – “removed recommendations of NSC 68 from the realm of theory and made it the immediate budget issue”
 “…but he soon changed his mind and approved the document, which would become the basis for foreign and military policy” - Gaddis

it woudl not be correct in arguing that it was an entirly military document but there are some connections you could make

dr3amy

thanks miss savage that was relly useful. oh also for other people whose doing cold wasr i called hsc advice line they said to link the crisis to the concepts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)