Coleridge+Imaginative Journeys+ journeys? (1 Viewer)

chinkoguns

HSC
Hey guys,

I'm doing Coleridge's poetry + imaginative journeys and i was wondering what everyone had in terms of journeys within the poems?

For lime tree i have
*the journey of coelridge's friends
*Coleridge's own journey through his specualting on and imagining the journey of his friends

What do you guys think? Know of any more?

Cheers :karate:

bwong

HSC
the rhyme of the ancient mariner- its heaps long but its really good for imaginative journeys.

missbecxx

HSC
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with Coleridge; is it true that you need to two of his poems UNLESS you are studying Mariner in which case you only need to write about the one???? My teachers seem to have differnt ideas on this so if anyone knows that would be really helpfull.

Gazz95

HSC
In Lime tree not only does the narrator go on the imaginative journey with his frinds through nature, but his transition from being angry and upset at the beginning of the poem to happy, enlightened and content at the end of it is also an imaginative journey. ^^ and im pretty sure that you need two of Coleridges poems reguardless of which ones you choose. However even if you only need one its a good idea to be familiar with at least two, i mean if you have the time why not write about two.

Last edited:

Shadose

Enjoy Life
HSC
missbecxx said:
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with Coleridge; is it true that you need to two of his poems UNLESS you are studying Mariner in which case you only need to write about the one???? My teachers seem to have differnt ideas on this so if anyone knows that would be really helpfull.
My teacher says if you are doing only the Mariner, you need to do it in a more close analysis. She suggests us doing two poems though, guess because its a bit of a risk.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)