Coleridge: MARINER (1 Viewer)

missbecxx

HSC
Hey,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with Coleridge; is it true that you need to use two of his poems UNLESS you are studying Mariner in which case you only need to write about the one???? (because it is so long). Or will i need to use Mariner plus another poem plus my two prescribed text?? My teachers seem to have differnt ideas on this so if anyone knows that would be really really helpfull.

AxelLoder

HSC
A question I was pondering myself.

Quote from 2004 HSC Imaginative Journeys Markers Notes:

"Although the majority of candidates selected two poems for discussion, the length and complexity of the poems saw a number of candidates who discussed one poem access the A range".

If the analysis on Mariner is sophisticated, you don't necessarily need to use another Coleridge poem. But if you have been comfortably writing about two Coleridge poems and two related to this point, and you have analysed all texts in an equally sophisticated manner, continue to do so.

Essentially, the markers don't care whether you use one Coleridge poem or two, but whether the texts you use significantly reinforce the concept of journey you are trying to convey.

If in an examination you were running out of time, drop a Coleridge poem not a related text.

Hope that helps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)