Coleridge Thread (1 Viewer)

Spunge12

HSC
For those who are doing Coleridge poems, instead of many just little threads, we could start a big one.

So simply, state the poem, quote the line (example), the techniques used and the effects of this on the responder (reader).

Eg.
The Lime Tree Bower- My Prison’
Technique: Alliteration
Example : dell’ and ‘deep’ and ‘speckled’ with ‘sun’ and ‘ slim’
Effect: Creates and slow tone and these words help create echoes literally and also hint at a steady rebound of Coleridge’s emotions; from disappointment (start of poem) , to a feeling of imagined wonder.

Go for it :)

angelsoda

HSC
Hi, this is a good idea....i like it. But i dont have one to add right now.

I'm doing Colridge's poems and i'm trying to find some notes and techniques (like the one's above) to get some ideas and better understanding.

If anyone could help, add to this thread please. If everyone adds some ideas it could really build and work.

L0RDW3SS3X

HSC
Coleridge... sighs

Duno why I'm doing this either, but procrastination by definition has to be doing something, so here it is, (as opposed to studying for maths exam).

Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Technique: Paradox
Example:
Water, water, every where
And all the boards did shrink
Water, water, every where
Nor any drop to drink
Effect: Simply startling for the reader, as confronted with simple needs such as water but cannot be fulfilled because it is seawater all around. This quote is famous, parodied many times (i.e. Simpsons); also lends to imagery, of a vast sea in all its glory, stretching into limits etc etc.

Peoples... I suffered when I was trying to write my essay in tha' exam halls today, so help outs a bit, give a damn technique, and ease the suffering of future examinees =]

-(pseudo) jAcQuEs

angelsoda

HSC
Hey if u want more help with th poems, go to the thread called Coleridge's POEMS and check that out. Also post ur info there too so it'll become bigger and more ppl will use it and add stuff.

Thanx.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)