Coles Induction - Done! what next?? (1 Viewer)

lachlanmann

HSC
hey,

new here so i apologise if this has already been answered or i have posted it in the wrong place.

Anyway, i did my Coles online induction thingy a couple of days ago, however i still dont know when i start, should i harass them and ask when i start?? or wait till after christmas and ask??

Also, do they pay ou by cash, or directly into a bank account (when u start work)

thanks,

lachlan

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
i worked at coles back in 1965. A bit different to today's procedures, if we manage to pass the coles induction, the next step was to pass a virginity test

jayciiee

yallah shoe cuz byeee
HSC
hey! i work at target and i had to go through that coles online induction thing. well basically.. have you got a confirmation email saying that you've successfully sent the induction answers?

personally, i called them up and asked whether they have a set date to start - if they say they don't, just go with your availability dates and dont start too soon, (looks desperate) - haha maybe tell them you could start in the following couple of days.

they also bank your payments into your bank accounts :)

but yeah dont call too often :)

goodluck!

Evilo

HSC
as soon as you've done the induction, call the manager and tell him its complete. He will usually say thanks etc, and then ask when you would be able to start work. I'd do it asap, cos time = money

dvi00

HSC
as soon as you've done the induction, call the manager and tell him its complete. He will usually say thanks etc, and then ask when you would be able to start work. I'd do it asap, cos time = money[/quaote]

after completing the online induction. I went in person and ask the lady who conducted the interview what to do next. she basically told me to wait for a call from the manager. I waited for a few months, but no call from coles. so decided to call the store manager. he pretty much told me that he didnt hire me so i dpnt get the job and that i would have to apply online again. its bs, i do the online induction and find out i dont get the job. has this happen to anyone?

Charizard

HSC
you should have been more persistent.
lol fucking terrible advice.

What you've done is taken one of those tips from a "10 GREAT WAYS TO GET A JOB" guides and applied it here.

He did the induction, he spoke to the HR lady, then he rang the store manager. This proves they simply don't want him, it's not like the manager wasnt aware hed done the induction, or their was a communcation breakdown ,they simply just didnt need him anymore.

But you're totally right, ringing the store manager every day would have got him a job in no time.

greekgun

HSC
Welocome to BoS; just 2 let u know the coles stuff should b posted in the genric coles thread, the woolies in the genric woolies thread etc.

Theres 2 parts to the induction...the first part is the one where u have to go online and do those quiz's and the other is where u sit down and watch the videos and stuff. Im going to assume u did the induction where u go in and watch all those video's, sign all those papers and do all the register training? If u have done all that then they will contact u to give u ur shifts when they need u to work...or u can call them for shifts.

After i did my induction they gave me a couple of shifts to get familiar with the register where i had to put the L plates on my register (yeah i know gay) and after that they called every week to give me shifts. But yeah if ur confused about ur shifts and stuff; dont hesitate to ring and speak to ur customer service manager (should be the person which walked u though the induction and sutff) and ask them about it or even the store manager.

If ur talking about the first induction where u go online and do all those quiz's then u will probably have to wait for everyone in ur group of trainees to finish the induction and then they will contact u. But if u want u can call up and ask ur customer service manager and ask wats going on.
Good luck
and hope u dont hate coles as much as i do.

And they deposit the money straight into ur bank account with the account details u provide them when signing all the papers and stuff. Although i think u can ask to be paid in cash and u will have to go to the cash office every week or so - but asking to b paid in cash is more work for u because u have to go to the cash office once a week when its open and prove who u are...plus its more work for the cash office people too.

Last edited:

dvi00

HSC
lol fucking terrible advice.

What you've done is taken one of those tips from a "10 GREAT WAYS TO GET A JOB" guides and applied it here.

He did the induction, he spoke to the HR lady, then he rang the store manager. This proves they simply don't want him, it's not like the manager wasnt aware hed done the induction, or their was a communcation breakdown ,they simply just didnt need him anymore.

But you're totally right, ringing the store manager every day would have got him a job in no time.
If i only ring the store manager right after i completed the induction, i think everything would be ok. something that i will do next time. the other thing, i forgot hr lady name, so it made it impossible to say that i done the interview.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)