Coles Myer Employment Process (2 Viewers)

lala2

Banned
HSC
How long does it take between the online test and the group interview? I sent in my Coles application the day before yesterday and I got the invite for the online test almost immediately. I've just done the test, and my results seem to be ok (as in, averaging out average overall), so what is a reasonable timeframe?

L

littlewing69

I just scored an interview for Target. What should I expect? I have no experience prior to this.

T

Testpilot

lala2 said:
How long does it take between the online test and the group interview? I sent in my Coles application the day before yesterday and I got the invite for the online test almost immediately. I've just done the test, and my results seem to be ok (as in, averaging out average overall), so what is a reasonable timeframe?
I did the online test about a month ago, and since then no interview, but i have been invited to apply for about 4 other jobs within Coles Myer and the deadline for those is the third of December. So i think the last series of interviews for this year would be next week.

L

littlewing69

Testpilot said:
I did the online test about a month ago, and since then no interview, but i have been invited to apply for about 4 other jobs within Coles Myer and the deadline for those is the third of December. So i think the last series of interviews for this year would be next week.
I applied on the 28th, did the test the same day, and got offered an interview today.

T

Testpilot

littlewing69 said:
I applied on the 28th, did the test the same day, and got offered an interview today.
It probably depends on store locations you applied for.

L

littlewing69

Testpilot said:
It probably depends on store locations you applied for.

Yeah I applied for a few specific positions, close to the closing date for consideration, so that probably helped.

2rko

HSC
ok so i got this from colesmyer on the 22nd of november

Dear --------,

Thankyou for completing the online assessment and for your patience. You have now progressed to a stage where we will be attempting to complete a reference check for yourself. This email is a reminder that we will be contacting you referees shortly to complete a reference check and how you can assist this process.

It would advantage your application if you could confirm that your referees are valid work-related referees that were/are senior to yourself. Where possible please attempt to provide an email address for you referees as this will be an advantage in addition to contact numbers.

To update your details please return to www.colesmyer.com/careers and enter into the link titled ‘update referees’ and do so. A valid referee will need to be either paid or voluntary work-related and the person would need to be in a senior position to you. Alternatively if you have not worked a tutor, lecturer, sports coach, or religious leader will also suffice. Personal referees will not be accepted.

and i still havent heard from them :( how long does this thing take??

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
2rko said:
ok so i got this from colesmyer on the 22nd of november

Dear --------,

Thankyou for completing the online assessment and for your patience. You have now progressed to a stage where we will be attempting to complete a reference check for yourself. This email is a reminder that we will be contacting you referees shortly to complete a reference check and how you can assist this process.

It would advantage your application if you could confirm that your referees are valid work-related referees that were/are senior to yourself. Where possible please attempt to provide an email address for you referees as this will be an advantage in addition to contact numbers.

To update your details please return to www.colesmyer.com/careers and enter into the link titled ‘update referees’ and do so. A valid referee will need to be either paid or voluntary work-related and the person would need to be in a senior position to you. Alternatively if you have not worked a tutor, lecturer, sports coach, or religious leader will also suffice. Personal referees will not be accepted.

and i still havent heard from them :( how long does this thing take??
i know i've being jerked around when i applied 4 days after you. Then the wait is gonna be veryyyyyyyyy long, forget it.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
agentprovocater said:
ive been there since april. shit pay. wont change til im 21, and im 19 in feb.
im glad i hav the job, but overall...meh.
Doesn't pay get indexed every 6 months and then rise on birthdays til 21?

AntiHyper

Revered Member
HSC
I just got an email from coles group asking me to do an unsupervised online "assessment". Has anyone done it before? Is it very intensive?

BlackDragon

HSC
lol everyone does it. its not that hard. just puzzles, IQ test type stuff to test whether you can think or not. you don't need to do that well. and there's the other part of it which test's your preferences in the work place.

just do it when you have time. you need to do it and its not that intensive.

T

Testpilot

Its things like which shape is the odd one out, those magic number square, literacy problems like word definitions, those 'dog is to cat like like up is to...'

Then there is a Myers Briggs like personality test with things like which do you prefer etc.

Finally there is a safety test.

Its really simple. Everyone does it.

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
I feel like a retard, 69 % in the test and 100% in the hazard part.... oh well, now to use my master plan... OH wait! I already need to be smartz to make a master plan, paradoxial! I think so.

T

Testpilot

I just had an in store interview. I never had the group interview. They didn't ask me anything they just read my resumé, gave me a job description and read out the 'privacy act' as they described it- it was actually the company's privacy policy. It felt more like I'd entered a lottery than applied for a job.

Is this a common experience?

WouldbeDoctor

HSC
N/A
Testpilot said:
I just had an in store interview. I never had the group interview. They didn't ask me anything they just read my resumé, gave me a job description and read out the 'privacy act' as they described it- it was actually the company's privacy policy. It felt more like I'd entered a lottery than applied for a job.

Is this a common experience?
I don 't know if its common experience, but when did you apply for the coles???

L

littlewing69

Well, I did my first shift last night at Target. It was pretty good, a lot more physical than I anticipated, which was even better. Working till midnight kills me, though :).

Newbie question: How much, if any, overtime, does a casual get working that late?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)