Coles Myer Employment Process (1 Viewer)

Dr_Doom

HSC
Coles Hornsby are looking for people. It may be too late now tho.

Epic_Postings

lol wut?
HSC
I scored in the 94th percentile for the online test, does anyone know how beneficial it would be to my chances of getting a job?

karen88

Radioactive Queen
HSC
i was just called up yesterday about sucessfully getting the job for officeworks at castle hill but i still haven't received the induction email yet... and since its a new store there is no number to call them yet...

how long did it take for successful people to receive their email/sms after getting the phone call?

also what could i do now if i still dun get the email before next wed (my training day)?

T

Testpilot

dyun said:
I scored in the 94th percentile for the online test, does anyone know how beneficial it would be to my chances of getting a job?
It seems as if it may. There is a lot of uni students at the store i work in. I think there is four engineering students, a psychology student and one or two at uni but i don't know what they're studying. However there is also your standard 'I left school in year 10 with no direction and ended up here' kind of people.

karen88 said:
i was just called up yesterday about sucessfully getting the job for officeworks at castle hill but i still haven't received the induction email yet... and since its a new store there is no number to call them yet...

how long did it take for successful people to receive their email/sms after getting the phone call?

also what could i do now if i still dun get the email before next wed (my training day)?
It was only yesterday, and if the store isn't open yet don't expect them to be too organised. Give it a week. Then if you haven't recieved anything contact them.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
dyun said:
not very. i got a pretty hawt score as well, it still took them ages to get back to me and i still didn't get the job (seriously, as if hire randoms from campbelltown over someone who lives like 10 minutes from the store, idiots *rant*) even though i fricking ACED my group interview (to be perfectly modest about it :eek:).

you have to have lots of availability, that's the main thing - i didn't, that's why i didn't get it. score means nothing.

Redwan

HSC
N/A
kate_is_me said:
It took me a year to land a job at Target and now they've stopped giving me shifts after 3 months :mad:
lol Coles stopped giving me shifts after a month so i quit and got a job someplace else

synthesized

HSC
N/A
Kiim2507 said:
Oh god, save yourself and don't get a job at Coles lol
i must be in the minority here but i can't really imagine a better job to have while full time at uni than the job i have at coles.

G

Gavvvvvin

Yeah working at Coles is awesome the work is easy, the shifts are during the day and on a good week I can pull in close to $700.

T

Testpilot

Oh god, save yourself and don't get a job at Coles lol
Coles are a pretty accommodating employer in that they'll roster you around uni. Plus they also pay well. I can't complain.

HSC
OMG. I just got an email for a group interview, for Myer. Utter panic. Hopefully I'll have a job during the Xmas period.

:santa:

CieL

HSC
Good luck.

Those interviews are the biggest waste of time.

HSC
I know it's probably been discussed to death in this thread. But i have no idea what to do. I know I have to actually speak and act confident...blah blah. I'm too shy and quiet for my own good.

CieL

HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
I know it's probably been discussed to death in this thread. But i have no idea what to do. I know I have to actually speak and act confident...blah blah. I'm too shy and quiet for my own good.
Be unique.
Stand out.
Say random shit.
Most likely all the other people would not say anything.

I don't know.. you can even start off with memorising an intro if you're not confident.. I think they asked me to intro myself, then tell them something interesting about myself.. I said I was allergic to grass just for kicks

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Then wear a bikini with a tie or something hot. Dress for success my dear.
:eek: You haven't seen me IRL. If you did, you wouldn't have said such a thing! :eek:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Some kind of potato sack then?

When I won my group interview a few years back (I didn't accept the job though, because I suck), I remember doing some group activity and putting forth a tonne of suggestions. Naturally, due to their awesomeness, they succeeded. Also, I struck up a conversation with all my team mates that wavered from the set topic of coming up with a business plan, but I won. So yeah, that's my advice.

CieL

HSC
You can....... win a group interview?

My one was just some lady scribbling some stuff down whilst we talked and answered the questions.. then we left..

No feedback.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Well I got the job, so I assume that means that I won it along with a few other people. Is that not the case? :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)