Coles Myer: Job Application Update – Great News! email (1 Viewer)

stargaze

HSC
What I am meant to make out to this email? Does it mean that I have little chance of making it?

I think the 'good news' is a bit deceiving, because it says:

From your application and assessment we are able to establish that you have a combination of skills that makes you a suitable candidate for acceptance into the Coles Myer Applicant Talent Pool.
So, is that a nice way of saying that I didnt get it?

Haha, thanks ppls

heidi_kak

HSC
if this is a response from one of those generic group interviews, then this is a good email.

it means that you were successful and when a suitable position for you becomes available, they will contact you (but this might not be for a while).

stargaze

HSC
Hmm, all I've done is the:
1. Usual initial questionnaire thing and sent school report
2. The online aptitude test they sent me

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
The 'talent pool' seems to be what they'll pick from when a job comes up. So, those initial applications were to get onto the shortlist, so to speak.

So, you've been accepted onto a list as you have the correct 'aptitudes', and when a job comes up you'll be contacted for further interviewing/assessment/etc

Congrats :)

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
Soon you'll get an email like this:

Dear thingy
Thank you for your recent application for the -- what you applied for-- position with Coles Myer Limited.

Your application has been processed and you have now been selected to attend a Group Interview.

etc etc, details and stuff.

that was for the christmas casuals thing, yours might be different. If you've been to a group interview in the last 3 months you'll get something else

It took about two weeks from getting that first email to getting the group interview one for me.

Good luck with it all.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Yup, its good, but don't be holding your breath, in true CML style it can take quite a while for potential jobs to be sent to you.

gna

HSC
Did you go to the group interview?

trees

HSC
I got that email and a few days later they rang me but i wasn't home and my mum took the call and they said they would call me back but they haven't - should i call them??

DooGseY

HSC
trees said:
I got that email and a few days later they rang me but i wasn't home and my mum took the call and they said they would call me back but they haven't - should i call them??
Yes, you should have called them back as soon as you found out.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
trees said:
yes call tomorrow

pete_mate

HSC
i didnt think i needed like 3 referees to work for minimum wage, so i didnt apply

what's this about a report card and aptitude test? are you working in the tech division or office or something?

how mentally challenging is scanning groceries?

wankers

~SeXcSuM~

HSC
i got the whole talent pool email after i had my first interview and had done the online test... so its wierd that theyve already sent it to u, hmm...

leelee1987

HSC
hey i got that message about 3months ago and still havent got an interview or job. i think it sux that they are leading us on for ages.

Mellonie

HSC
yer i got the great news e-mail, a day after my group interview. God ppl at my interview were so boring, n all dressed in casual crap.

Some asian guy kept syaing "he loved 4 unit maths" n ignored everythign i said .. but i just kept acting like i "like evryone". I was dressed in buisness attire, with black suit, n black skirt, with thin white stripes on my garments n smiled alot.
I was the best dressed their, since everyone was wearing casual clothing u go shopping in, so try to dress to impress. Some girls were dressed in pink shirts, but spoke so well that their clothing was diregarded as their talent just shone before.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
pete_mate said:
i didnt think i needed like 3 referees to work for minimum wage, so i didnt apply

what's this about a report card and aptitude test? are you working in the tech division or office or something?

how mentally challenging is scanning groceries?

wankers
School reports say a lot more about a person than just academic capacity. Employers can read between the lines as well- whether it be your attitudes to class, your personality, the way you react in unfamiliar or challenging situations, or even your attendance (reliability/commitment/consistency).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)