Coles Myer Online assessment (1 Viewer)

HSC
ok..i got an email today after applying about 2 and a bit weeks ago.
and now theyre telling me to do this 'online assessment' within 7 days. :S

to anyone whos done this...what can i expect?..is it hard?..
or better yet, do you remember any of those questions asked?? :p

any hints would be totally awesome.

Glider05

HSC
Yeah, I did that online assessment about a month ago, and I'm still waiting for a job lol, prob because most jobs have been taken for the Xmas holidays. They send u the results straight away, with graphs comparing you to all the people workin in Coles Myer

It's not that hard, just takes a long time. There are LOTS of questions, took about an hour I think? If I remember right...the test is divided into two, the first bit is the one where you have to think. It has some easy math questions, lots of picture questions where they give u 6 pictures and u have to say which 2 don't belong with the others. And there are english questions, they give you 6 words and you say which doesn't belong with the others.

The second bit is about 80 questions, all beginning with "Which would u rather do": a) work in a lab analysing whatever or b) work outdoors planting trees. One of the questions is would you rather sharpen knives or file receipts! So it's not really a test, just figuring out where u would be most suited to work

Oh yeah, don't worry if u don't finish all the questions in the first bit, it says it is very rare for somebody to do that (trust me, there are heaps). Good luck

sarevok

HSC
the first part of the test is an iq test for which you cannot really prepare.

for the second part of the test, make sure you answer all the questions such that you appear to be an outgoing person.

HSC
ohk. :)
theres no time limit yeah?.

EDIT: just finished it.
hmm. got through about 23 IQ type questions...is that alright?

Last edited:

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
I found it odd that it said that it was really rare for people to finish all the questions in time. I did, with about a minute left over.
And with that "which would you rather" section...I was too honest. I didn't do what most people do and pretend they enjoy customer service.

To too_lazy, do you have a job and are looking to move on, or don't you have one right now? If you don't have one, I suggest you start looking at other places for employment. Coles Myer takes ages. It's a really complicated and LONG process just so you can have the honour of scanning grocery items at Coles.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
haha, i JUST did the assessment, it was ok. the congnative stuff was annoying, some stuff didn't make sense, and surprisingly i fell into top 10%....wierd. they said i did well...they better get me a job!!

Jess-a_belle

HSC
personally, after working there for three years, the whole of coles myer is a joke. scanning groceries, dealing with fuckwit customers, average pay, absolutely NO chance of moving up unless youve been there for like 10 years or are sucking managers wang.

The Nick

McBain
HSC
Nightfill is where it's at people. Just empty boxes and put stuff on show. And you can talk too. Plus there aren't customers, depending on what time you work.

At this time you've probably got a better chance of getting work if you approach the local stores. Speak to a manager.

Also, if the actual recruitment process doesn't work, some stores do their own recruiting locally, most likely Target and Kmart because they take in a lot of people before their toy sale happens (June). Yeah it's a while away, but it's there.

Quite frankly, individual talent and ability doesn't count for much to the stores themselves when recruiting, all that matters is that you're willing to work. If you go through the online ordeal and get to go to the group interview, don't worry about how logical, or realistic, or original what you say is, just say it.

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
lol takes forever for them to match you up with a job
im still waiting lol

MouNtY

it's not that bad, i did last year, and i got an offer. my mate did the test and he never got called or anything, so we signed him under a new name and i did the test for him agn and he got a call and got offered a job.

Moral of the story, if you fail(even though you dont really fail) the first time, just do it agn and agn until you get it right

Collin

HSC
N/A
From my experiences with Coles Myer Ltd., it took them 6 weeks for them (mid Nov 04 to beginning Feb 05) to get me from online assessment to my first day at the job.

I'm having a second go with them now.. because I want a second job with them.. preferably nightfill on weekends at somewhere like Coles (love good overtime pay), and have been at Officeworks for 10 months now.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Just because you scored well on the test doesn't mean you have what they're looking for. From what I can tell, a lot of the top percentilers don't get passed that stage.

HSC
hahaa..i got called up by the coles recruitment office today and they said there was a suitable position for me. Sik.
then i got called up by the manager of a liquorland and arranged an interview with him at 4pm..

i hope it all goes well.
though..i dont think i was too flash with my interview :eek:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
hipsta_jess said:
From what I can tell, a lot of the top percentilers don't get passed that stage.
From what I can tell, there is no pattern. The whole hiring process is bs.

HSC
yeah i agree..
i think they pick out people most suited to the stores availability needs..
i said i was available mon-sun anytime and got the coles assessment email ~3 weeks later

Collin

HSC
N/A
^^ You're right on the money there, employers love candidates with high availability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)