• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Colesmyer - Kmart (1 Viewer)

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Originally posted by Suvat
I got a email saying I passed :confused:
So did I. "You passed the group interview rah rah rah we'll give you a call when we find something to suit you."

Mr Wiggle

The Best
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Suney_J

what type of questions do they ask about customer service? (sorry if i sound greedy)
It's OK.

Eg. * What would you think is good customer service
* Your given a product how would you marketed it in the store
* How do you greet the customer upon entering the store
* How important is customer service to you.

These are some example and many variations around the word customer service. But the key is you always realte it to the customer.

toisthbe

Evil Member
Originally posted by Mr Wiggle
It's OK.

Eg. * What would you think is good customer service
* Your given a product how would you marketed it in the store
* How do you greet the customer upon entering the store
* How important is customer service to you.

These are some example and many variations around the word customer service. But the key is you always realte it to the customer.

plus

if u had previous customer service experience

'wat problems did you face? how did you overcome/solve them?'

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I got an invite to fill out that online test for coles myer today.... I scored better than 99% of people woo hoo.... what's the next stage after the test, a group interview??

eviltama

Mentally Deranged Maniac
HSC
i got another invite to attend a coles group interview.. in april. Anyone going?

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
NO ONE APPLY TO KMART! IT IS EVIL!
Ok, I hate my job - applied for Office Works/Coles right now and pray they rescue me.

My Kmart is completly giving me the shaft!
In the first 3 weeks, it was great! Nice shifts, ppl actually were polite and were nice.....but now they treat me like I've just said "What the f*ck do you want b*tch!" to a customer...

They NEVER roster me on unless I've been off it for 2 months, then all they give me is the lousy bare minimum of three hours....
Enough so I can't run to the union....how clever of them.

I also have a conspiracy going - like they're trying to find a reason to fire me or something...
see, one day, exactly 2 days before I checked my roster for the next 2 weeks (it had nothing as usual) , they call me up at 2:50pm and say I'm late for my 3pm shift! A BIT SUS! I go in, my roster is HAND WRITTEN IN and they give me a big speech about how I should check my roster.

(now for my imaginary conversation with that lady:
Bitch! Maybe if you put me on the roster more than once every 2 months, I might actually bother to come in a bit more frequently to check it. The way you very susly put my name in for today tells me you want to find a really lame excuse to fire me because i'm actually GOOD at my fucking lame ass job, unlike the rest of the check out ppl who don't even fucking look up and smile at the customers ((speaking with authority about that one!)) I am sick of you giving me the shaft! Why the fuck did you hire me anyway? Just to annoy the shit out of me?! Where the fuck was I when the Christmas Holidays were around - that was the specifics of my fucking casual job! "A Christmas Casual" And your way of rostering basically says to me that I have to sit by this wall and wait for you to change your mind every day just incase you suddenly decide to sneak me in!
- ok, I need to stop and punch something.......)

Ahem....Anyway, my friend also got the complete ignoring treatment as well, and moved on. The other day when checking my non exsistant roster, I decided to look at everyone elses roster - everyone, including the shit-at-their-customer-service-jobs were filled to the brim with shifts, while me and another kid had nothing. I really need to fucking yell at them!

*storms out with murderous intent*

MM

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
that's awful, i wish they would have some respect. as i always say, they are dealing in customer service, pride themselves in customer service, but are so damn rude. even some people in the interviews are so rude. i don't understand how hard it is to show your workers some respect and give them some regular hours, but maybe that's because i have never experienced it.

perfectionist

I M SpEcIaL....SpEcIaL...
HSC
N/A
yeah, they should show a bit more respect!

i think most managers are rude!! i don't know what they think of employees... :rolleyes:

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Originally posted by perfectionist
yeah, they should show a bit more respect!

i think most managers are rude!! i don't know what they think of employees... :rolleyes:
I work at Kmart and all of our managers are completely awesome, most of em are pretty young (mid 20's-30s) so I guess that helps. Whilst I regularly get 5 shifts a week so I can't say im in the same situation, unfortunately thats what life as a casual is like, they can give you 38 hours a week or none at all. I agree its pretty pathetic when you get jerked around (that whole handwritten shift sounds pretty suss). Perhaps you should say something? Not in a bitchy or pushy way, but just mention you're available more often and it would be cool to have some extra shifts. Other than that ask the store manager if you can change areas or maybe leave the store altogether (get a transfer?)

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
yeah, I'm totally through with that store - lol when I mention to ppl I work there they always look at me funny and go "how can you stand their attitudes!" and this, in the beginning took me by surprise!
I am praying that Officeworks/coles hire me but NOT as a casual - I too am sick of being jerked around. I'd rather a steady part time job or somethng.....

Shervin

HSC
Hey, i'm going to the group interview on monday. I'm just wondering if it is okay to wear casual or should I wear something more formal.

Katie123

Clinical is OVER
HSC
i have an interview at myer on friday and the email they sent said to wear business/work clothes

rlaws06

HSC
Interesting that they have the group interviews so late - I went through this process four years ago (Still working at Kmart) and I was actually working in the store around mid-november, with the group interview in early September.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)