• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Collect of Works, what is allowd? (1 Viewer)

AnyaElude

HSC
Hi!
I'm currently doing a very large major work, that's mostly digital. However I have scanned in things I've drawn and used my own photos as well as creating digital graphics for it.
My teachers have told me that in order to enter into the Collection of Works category, I have to have a box with the original drawings and prints of the photos, plus some early sketches to enter with it.
When I went for find out more I got even more confused. It seems I can't enter anything that is a 'rough' or 'draft' copy.

Since my work is to be printed on cotton rag or thick paper, but does include several mediums, I was wondering if any one know if that is enough to qualify, as it is still essentially ONE work, many of many many parts.

XD any advice would be great as the entry dates getting close!

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
Maybe submit it as mixed media and a collection of works.
That's sort of what it sounds like. Even though you aren't handing in all the rough work you've still used a variety of mediums in the finished work and you've got multiple smaller works in the body of work.

AnyaElude

HSC
Can I do that? Enter it as two different expressive forms?
Besides, isn't the mixed media an amalgamation of Photography and digital media. I was looking up about it, but it seems very geared towards traditional photography.

yibbon

HSC
N/A
Hi!
I'm currently doing a very large major work, that's mostly digital. However I have scanned in things I've drawn and used my own photos as well as creating digital graphics for it.
My teachers have told me that in order to enter into the Collection of Works category, I have to have a box with the original drawings and prints of the photos, plus some early sketches to enter with it.
When I went for find out more I got even more confused. It seems I can't enter anything that is a 'rough' or 'draft' copy.

Since my work is to be printed on cotton rag or thick paper, but does include several mediums, I was wondering if any one know if that is enough to qualify, as it is still essentially ONE work, many of many many parts.

XD any advice would be great as the entry dates getting close!
If they are all part of one piece, and should be exhibited together then it sounds more like mixed media. A collection of works can be arranged differently but are part of the same concept. Choose whichever is more suited to the conceptual nature of the work.

AnyaElude

HSC
I'm even further confused becasue my teacher tells me the markers will change the expressive form if they think it will get higher marks in another one. And there is talk of it being a documented forms piece.

sparkyabs

HSC
N/A
It should be entered in whatever the main form you are using, there is no such category as mixed media. It sounds like photomedia is the main way you are going to present your work. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)