College Life (1 Viewer)

berghousemaa

HSC
I'm going to St Pauls next year and I wanted to know all about what I can expect. I've trawled all through the USyd forum but it doesn't reveal that much. How different is Pauls to the other colleges. What are the initiations like, meals, accomodation and everythying. Thanks in advance

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
ive heard of some pretty scary initiations at colleges like being left on an island completely naked and needing to find your own way home. OMG thats so wierd ........................................!!!!!!!!

berghousemaa

HSC
Melbournian I understand completely about that whole boys club thing. I've been to an all boys school forever aswell but I kind of like that whole comradship that you get in those situations so I don't really mind it.
I think it probably would be better if I didn't know the initiations but i remember getting hell scared about the initiations for the senior sporting sides at my school.
Good to hear about the rooms being decent. On the tour I didn't get to see the interior of the dorms but i was heaps impressed with the architecture of all the colleges.
Cheers

berghousemaa

HSC
Melbournian, question about social life and study.
My parents will only fund Pauls if I basically get a credit average at Uni. So I was wondering how hard is it too study. Is it noisy at nights and is there heaps of temptation to party.
If so is this somewhat countered by the advantages of having resources close by, tutoring and mates to call on.
Answer in relation to all colleges or if possible about Pauls in particular.
Thanks

gene

College tutorials can be fantastic, especially the day before an exam or when an assignment is due. It does depend on how good your tutor is. If you find yourself with a crap tutor then tell your dean of studies to get rid of them. You are the one paying for them through your fees after all. The Paul's tutes are pretty good and even if they don't work for you, make sure you have friends at other colleges who do similar subjects so you can chime in on theirs. It's free! Apparently the vet tutes that are combined with Sancta and Drew's are pretty good, as is the chem tutor from Paul's and there is a ripper bio tutor that does a couple of colleges.

You will be able to study. Just do it in your spare time in the day so when there is a big college thing on at night you aren't stuck in your room when you want to be pissed at the Grose. Borrow friends assignments in first year. Borrow text books too. Ask a senior if you are really fucked. At college, you will never be alone.

And make sure you meet loads of people in o week, and take advantage of the free grog when you can. Highlights have gotta be the wesley breakfast, sancta champagne in the quad, the cruise and picnic at john's. Be ready!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)