com liberal studies vs straight commerce (1 Viewer)

packwolf

HSC
I enrolled in straight commerce after the main round but am considering doing commerce (liberal studies) instead. I'm here mainly to clarify my understanding of the course and perhaps hear some BoS opinions.

Firstly, the handbook says "studies 6-9 liberal studies courses". Am i right in my understanding that could be fulfilled by just a science minor such as genetics or psychology which is 6 courses, obviously in addition one would study the compulsory liberal study courses.

Secondly, assuming i am right about part one- the degree could be seen as completing all core and flexible core commerce courses (48 credit points in total) plus a commerce major (=96 including core courses), the minor as mentioned above (=132), plus the three compulsory liberal studies courses (now totals 150), leaving 42 credit points left which could be used on commerce courses?

Thirdly, could i leave my semester one timetable the same as what i enrolled in two weeks ago? just the 4 core commerce courses.

Lastly, ANY OPINIONS????

Thanks for reading this far.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
Yes to your first and third question.

As for the second question, I'm not quite sure. I was trying to work that out myself as well but the handbook wasn't particularly clear about the program structure. I have a feeling that after we complete the course, we should end up with two commerce majors and one liberal studies major/minor - that's how it's been in the past anyway.

packwolf

HSC
Thanks wantingtoknow. I think you're correct about my second question but i'll probably speak to the uni tomorrow.

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
No problem :)

If you do end up calling, would you be able to let me know as well? Thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)