Combinations With Bachelor Of Commerce (Liberal Studies) (1 Viewer)

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
So, I am looking at doing Commerce or Commerce/Law, and I recently came across the Commerce (Liberal Studies) degree. I find it quite appealing, the only problem is it doesn't seem like you can combine it with anything, such as Law which I wanted to do eventually.

Then I was reading the USYD Undergraduate Guide and found this guy:

That pretty much goes against everything I had surmised thus far. Was there a mistake in the guide or can you combine the Liberal Studies degree with Law if you wish?

Meshy590

HSC
yeh i saw that in the guide as well!! But I don't think its possible...

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Don't base your decisions purely on the case studies. If you want to get into law, then your best bet is to actually do it (whether by itself or as a part of the double).

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Don't base your decisions purely on the case studies. If you want to get into law, then your best bet is to actually do it (whether by itself or as a part of the double).
There are a number of things I was considering doing, law is one of them. I'm looking at options to spread out as much as possible. Just curious that's all.

But it's been three weeks, at the moment I'm leaning towards Commerce/Science or Commerce/Science (Advanced) and transferring to Commerce/Law or Science/Law after a year if I'm not liking one of the other degrees. Or if that's not a problem I would stay with the Commerce/Science, in which case I won't need Law, or possibly do a JD.

is a roflcopter
HSC
Lol i think i was in the same boat as you 10 years ago. (FARRRRK IM OLD)
I thinking was my score was going to be 96-98, not good enough for com/law but felt a waste to do a straight commerce degree so comm liberal studies seemed the right way to go.

my advice would be do a straight commerce degree, transfer into law after your first year if you really want to do law. dont waste time on this liberal studies bs, sounds like an arts degree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)