Combined B engineering B medical science? (1 Viewer)

super.muppy

HSC
I got an early offer from UTS for the course entitled above. But even after consulting the UAC guide I am still very unsure about the job aspects that this degree can offer (as in a job that would require both fields). Can anyone tell me what kind of career I will land in with this double degree?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Degrees don't directly lead to careers, double degrees even less so. But you'd be qualified as an engineer, so you could work in whatever engineering field you're qualified in, and you'd also have a BMedSc, opening up work in medical labs and that sort of thing. I guess combining the two, you could go towards biotechnology or medical technology?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
That would tend to lead you into a career for Medical Technology research, or Medical Engineering... somewhere in the meld between the medical world, and technology for it.

super.muppy

HSC
ahh yea as i thought. Then would it be much wiser to study b eng b bussiness/commerce? But on the same note I enjoyed science at school and really dnt want to give it up.

super.muppy

HSC
ahh i c as long as i dnt come out the other end and line up for centerlink im happy.

super.muppy

HSC
This isn't as easy as it sounds. The two degrees are very distinct, and you will be doing no coursework which involves the two together, unlike Biomedical Engineering.
so really doing this course would mean that I'd end up with two distinct paths and therefore in a way wasting the extra yea (6 yrs)?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
UNSW FTW.

But if you live near UTS, want the year of work experience and/or the fugly building, go to UTS :)
The year work of experience is no different from us graduating then working for a year.

Besides, our 60 day compulsory experience isn't too bad.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
I always thought this degree was people who want to transfer to med, but having a degree with job prospects (engineering) which is better than just med sci by itself.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
The year work of experience is no different from us graduating then working for a year.

Besides, our 60 day compulsory experience isn't too bad.
Yeah but if you're a crap student apparently it's hard to find work experience lol

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)