Combined degrees (1 Viewer)

Hermzie

rarrrrrrrrr
HSC
Hi, does anyone know whether combined degrees cost more than single degrees? If the two degrees we within the same 'band' (Eg. both humanities courses), would the student contribution double or would it remain the same?

HSC
N/A
Yes. Combined degrees are normally two degrees spread over about 5 years. You'll basically be paying per semester you study at uni. So if one semester costs $5000, and you at uni 5 years (2 semesters x 5), you're looking at $50 000. It depends where and what you study.

someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not 100% sure.

a8o

HSC
youll do slightly fewer units in each degree in the combined degree than if you had picked it alone, so each degree will cost 'less' but overall, yes the cost will be greater because you'll be at university for longer.

HSC
if it's in the same area then it costs the same per unit, it's just that you do more units in total so it costs a bit more.

it changes if different parts are from different bands though .. like i'm doing a business degree with an arts-related major, so for this semester i'm paying for 3 business subjects and then an arts subject which is marginally less, about $200 less or so i think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)