combined degrees (1 Viewer)

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
people doing combined degrees, do they get a separate certificate for each or just one for the two degrees? and if separate, do they get the first after finishing their first degree or get two at the end of their degrees?

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
They finish their degree after 5 years (or whatever), right? Then they graduate and get their certificates. For combined degrees, you do the two degrees at the same time by doing subjects from both faculties (usually).

I think what you're thinking there is that you do one degree in the first half of time and the second half in the remaining time left. That's not how it happens.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Sparcod said:
I think what you're thinking there is that you do one degree in the first half of time and the second half in the remaining time left. That's not how it happens.
Actually, in a lot of combined degree courses you'd finish your first degree by the end of third year and concentrate entirely on the second degree for fourth and fifth year. (e.g. combined Law, Arts/Science.)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I think that's just a reccomended study plan though. I don't see why you couldn't structure your degree so you were doing this all over the place.

With Sci/Ed, I've got no idea but I imagine that you're presented with both degrees at the very end. You take units of study from both science and education all the way through the five years.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Triangulum said:
Actually, in a lot of combined degree courses you'd finish your first degree by the end of third year and concentrate entirely on the second degree for fourth and fifth year. (e.g. combined Law, Arts/Science.)
I was thinking about the non-law combined degrees. I know that for law, the fifth year is all law units.

Generator

HSC
N/A
snow in summer said:
people doing combined degrees, do they get a separate certificate for each or just one for the two degrees? and if separate, do they get the first after finishing their first degree or get two at the end of their degrees?
If you take a combined degree, you graduate at the end of the combined programme and you are awarded with a single testamur stating that you completed a combined degree.

Sparcod said:
I was thinking about the non-law combined degrees. I know that for law, the fifth year is all law units.
In the past it was as Triangulum said for any programme that combined two three-year degrees (at the very least the BSc/BA of old required the student to complete the BSc within three years), but now it seems to be just a recommendation.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
IIRC, combine = what generator said, one testamur at the end of 5 years.
double = 2 degrees ... ie, you wear black robe twice...

@ generator: which honour are you doing?!

thenothing

no member
HSC
For Science/Arts I was told you graduate from Science after three years then do the last two years of Arts, then graduate Arts.

I'm only doing one Arts subject at the moment so that makes sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)