Combined Law/Eng at USYD (1 Viewer)

Infntie

HSC
Hi, just wanted to know the experiences of any person who has completed or currently in this double degree.
I would like to know what advantages one has upon the completion of this double degree in terms of how Law may complement an Engineering career and vice versa.
Does taking this degree increase the chance of a job offer or is it still work experience?
What are Semesters like? Seems like there are periods of "Overload" and "Underload"
Thanks in advance for reading and hopefully replying to this post.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't know too much about the degree but it definitely helps. If you are looking to be a patent attorney (intellectual property) you need a science or engineering background (uni degree). So if you are interested in intellectual property particularly patents, it will help out a lot.

It also makes you more attractive if you are looking to work in Energy and Resources.

As for the other practice groups, it doesn't really make a difference what degree you combine law with.

In terms of contact hours for the degree. My friend said it was something like 22 hours first year, then 20 in second year/third year, forth year is about 18 hours and by fifth year its down to like 15 hours.

Sorry I couldnt be of much help :(

Infntie

HSC
Update:
Currently studying Law and Engineering at USYD.
6 year degree
Have to overload at times and your course is basically set out from your first year until your last.
Only 1 or 2 engineering students per cohort take this degree.
If anyone has any questions about this degree, feel free to contact me in future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)