Combined law (1 Viewer)

Ribbon

Anyone doing this course at newcastle? Any comments about it? Its my #1 preference at the moment...

Ribbon

There are no prerequisites, but high marks in advanced english can help. The cut-off last year was 93.10...

Anyone on the forum actually doing this course, or know anyone doing it? I was looking for comments regarding the quality of teaching, the course ect.

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
I also would like to know anything about Law at Newy
I don't know anyone from this forum doing it though, Ribbon, so opinions will be scarce
Unless some new member doing Law pops up

Nikkas

well i put in for a law/combined as my first preference but it ain;t really gonna matter for me i gotta differ and then re pick the course again next year. but i still hope i get it

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
I've put it near the top, but I doubt I will get in. I think the cut-off will rise a lot this year.. :(

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Hahaha hooray for the Law cutoff going down by 1 point. I cleared the cutoff with .95 to spare :D

How'd you go, whoever else posted in this thread?

Ribbon

I cleared it by 1.2... great seeing as though I didn't think I would get in at all (like everyone I expected it to rise alot)

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by Ribbon
I cleared it by 1.2... great seeing as though I didn't think I would get in at all (like everyone I expected it to rise alot)
Yeah, those were my exact thoughts. I'd pretty much given up on Law because I thought it would rise heaps, and my UAI was .05 below the 2003 cutoff. So finding out it went down a whole point was a very nice surprise.
I guess I'll see you at Newy Law, eh Ribbon? :p What are you gonna combine it with? I'm pretty sure i'm gonna go with Arts/Law

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Hey I'll join you at Newy Law, Fade and Ribbon. I got combined Science (Forensics)/Law.

ezz

Hey. I also was accepted into Combined Law at Newcastle. I have deferred the placement and won't be there until 2005! But am very much looking forward to it! Can anybody tell me what the cut-off was this year? Thanks!

ezz

Thankyou honky tonk! Wow I cannot believe the marks actually went down. That is very interesting. Meh, we're in so thats all that matters. I'm so excited! Bye bye!

ezz

Probably communication. Maybe Arts. I'm not entirely sure as yet. How about you?

ezz

Please ignore my last question. I just realised you have Forensic Science posted as your name! Silly me! I wanted to do that one a few years ago, but changed my tune and decided I liked the humanities best!

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
Originally posted by ezz
Hey. I also was accepted into Combined Law at Newcastle. I have deferred the placement and won't be there until 2005! But am very much looking forward to it! Can anybody tell me what the cut-off was this year? Thanks!
Hey Ezz. I'll hopefully be joining you in 2005. I'll hopefully be studying Law/Arts or Law/Business. However that does depend on me attaining the uai required.

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
For anyone that's enrolled already for Combined Law.. we are supposed to do LAWS1001A and LAWS1002A this semester, right? Legal System & Method and Criminal Law & Procedure?

FadeToBlack

lonely sunday friend
HSC
Originally posted by honky tonk
For anyone that's enrolled already for Combined Law.. we are supposed to do LAWS1001A and LAWS1002A this semester, right? Legal System & Method and Criminal Law & Procedure?
Yep

honky tonk

in Miracle World
HSC
Whew.. someone told me we were expected to do LAWS1001A and LAWS1001B.. and I kinda freaked out because I realised no-one had actually specified which ones we were meant to study. Good guess I suppose. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)