Combined medicine question... (1 Viewer)

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
Which universities offer an undergraduate combined science/medicine course? (excluding the 99.95+ course at sydney)

I would really like to study maths and physics at university (and philosophy, but that's pushing it), but I would also like to go straight into a medicine course in order to avoid having to, once again, maintain a high standard of academic performance.

Newcastle doesn't seem to offer one. I believe NSW does but they don't like to offer it to undergrads. Can anyone help me think of some good options?

inasero

Reborn
HSC
There's ANU and UQ provisional schemes which are basically the same thing and much much easier. If that's not alright then just do an undergrad degree and try to transfer via the GAMSAT route.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
Please...search the web before you ask me questions I'm not friggin' Google! This info is easily available. Be more independent. Welcome to uni life...there will be no teachers around to tell you where to find the information from.

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
self-directed searching :D

some guys were talking about anu entry for school leavers. THey had some places as long as they had over 98 or something. I dunno

nit

HSC
lol, Bob, your med replies are so detached these days, unless the topic is concerned with UNCLE in any way... :p

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
nit said:
lol, Bob, your med replies are so detached these days, unless the topic is concerned with UNCLE in any way... :p
lol, i wonder why :rolleyes:

as for being detached, I've been vegetating for far too long

inasero

Reborn
HSC
that's okay/...leave Bob alone in his self glorification :p
Wow bob you're older than me...older than most of my cohort in fact!
Oh wells...tell me more about the non-academic aspects of Newcastle Uni once you get in so I can remove images of Bushland and BHP and coal mining from my head!

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
inasero said:
that's okay/...leave Bob alone in his self glorification :p
Wow bob you're older than me...older than most of my cohort in fact!
Oh wells...tell me more about the non-academic aspects of Newcastle Uni once you get in so I can remove images of Bushland and BHP and coal mining from my head!
yes hehe
im usually the youngest in my year but I'll be one of the oldest in the year now, woot!
You guys all graduated year 12 in 03' right? I'm probably less than a year older than you then

for now the only images of newc I see are bushland too :-\ I'll take lots of pics and post em up here.

What about monash? I keep hearing it's in the middle of nowhere, and takes ages to goto the city?

NichNich

HSC
lol trust me, I went to monash/clayton for my interview and took a look around, it's not 'no where', I thought there were lots of people and houses and everything looked modern with trees etc, and there's shopping centers and pubs I think.

Then I went to newcastle... all I saw were fibre houses, and lots of them old as hell and almost collapsing. The only trees I saw was in the university itself... and heck, I went by like 5 factories just to get to the uni... I went to the beach near the Royal newwy hospital... and there were only rocks.. no sand.. gawd, to think I have to survive in newwy for 6 years >.<

Bob.J

ZoOm
HSC
NichNich said:
lol trust me, I went to monash/clayton for my interview and took a look around, it's not 'no where', I thought there were lots of people and houses and everything looked modern with trees etc, and there's shopping centers and pubs I think.

Then I went to newcastle... all I saw were fibre houses, and lots of them old as hell and almost collapsing. The only trees I saw was in the university itself... and heck, I went by like 5 factories just to get to the uni... I went to the beach near the Royal newwy hospital... and there were only rocks.. no sand.. gawd, to think I have to survive in newwy for 6 years >.<
something to get used to i guess
I'm looking forward to getting used to the fresh air though. Sydney air sucks bigtime.
One thing i know i'm going to hate are the mosquitoes during summer.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
hehe you probably heard that from me. Monash is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Well not really. There are some heavy industries and industrial parks nearby.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)