• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Come meet me at the internship fair! (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
pmtruong said:
oh people are still doing inhouse?..there must be alot of people doing them then...i did mine last friday. Yeh it would not be fair if they let people through without waiting for everyione to finish in house testing.
i heard that you had to score at least 30/50 to pass the inhouse test? isnt that right?
oh i thought applications closed august 24...isnt that the official closing date..or did they extend it..
yeah they extended it :)

and had no idea about the pass mark - where'd you hear the pass mark from? i thought there's more questions this time round, though?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
final test was today. my ex sat it and passed. yay - awesome for her, as her maths sucks (like mine). all supplementary data sheets are due tonight. they will probably make final interview decisions very soon :)

pmtruong

HSC
i got an interview! for marketing in singapore! got called today but apparently there was some ppl in melbourne that finsihed today that they need to let know. interview on thursday. congrats to ur gf good luck!

nick1689

HSC
Hey stazi, will there be another internship fair by the end of this semester?

And Im wondering, do the companies at these fairs also offer something along the lines of a summer internship? And whats the chances of a first year getting into something like that?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
pmtruong said:
i got an interview! for marketing in singapore! got called today but apparently there was some ppl in melbourne that finsihed today that they need to let know. interview on thursday. congrats to ur gf good luck!
nice work :) although all marketing positions are in singapore. might see you in SG ;)

nick1689 said:
Hey stazi, will there be another internship fair by the end of this semester?

And Im wondering, do the companies at these fairs also offer something along the lines of a summer internship? And whats the chances of a first year getting into something like that?
I haven't heard of any such fairs. The companies at the previous fair offered summer, or one-year internships. The chances of a first year getting them is very low. Most places only take penultimate students

nick1689

HSC
Penultimate? As in students in their last year of uni?

And thanks.

If there are no more fairs this semester, whats the best way to find companies offering summer internships?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
did you guys get a schedule for the recruitment process, as the email said two documents are attached (apart from for the SDS)

pmtruong

HSC
hey staz, the two other attachments were the application process and also what they are looking for. so it says interviews 2nd week of september, offers mid semptember.
Didnt you already finish your internship last year? Do you go back in the summer break? Does that mean you get your grad offer in singapore as well?
Uni's have careers info all the time..before the application closing date. So b prepped for next year but they generally dont take 1st years coz ur too far away from graduating.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yep I finished my internship: this is for my gf.

My grad offer is in singapore, and I'll be going there in february.

pmtruong

HSC
Nice! Must be a big step though leaving australia to work overseas. is it a short stint over there then they bring you back or how does it work?

pmtruong

HSC
as in as a grad...were u given the option of a job in sydney OR singapore or they offered u singapore.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
pmtruong said:
Nice! Must be a big step though leaving australia to work overseas. is it a short stint over there then they bring you back or how does it work?
I think I had options for Sydney, but I made it clear early on that I wanted Singapore. It's a lot more responsibility there. After 2 years, I think there's the option of going back to SYd

skopje

HSC
Got an e-mail today - apparently a lot of Finance applications so they are behind. Will know if I got an interview on Thursday or Friday. Hmmm...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh good luck :) good luck to all others, too.

velvetorchid - any updates?

good of them to tell you about the slight delay. I know P&G has been working on communication for recruits, and it seems to be working.

Also, for those who don't get interviews, remember that you have an advantage at grad level - you're familiar with the processes. Also, you can now work towards getting a job at P&G.

velvetorchid

HSC
=( i didnt get an interview. How important is it for them to choose someone in their pentultimate year? (I have 2yrs to go...) *so sad*

skopje

HSC
Rejected as well. Damn. Pissed myself at the e-mail:

The decision is not easy to make as we have seen many stronger candidates that we would like to consider.

Fuck you, bitch.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
velvetorchid said:
=( i didnt get an interview. How important is it for them to choose someone in their pentultimate year? (I have 2yrs to go...) *so sad*
penultimate = critical, unless you're going to do honours/masters
'
well done to everyone for making it this far in the process, regardless of what your email indicates. it's still very impressive getting as far as the SDS stage, and i would encourage you to apply for grad level positions

velvetorchid

HSC
skopje said:
Rejected as well. Damn. Pissed myself at the e-mail:

The decision is not easy to make as we have seen many stronger candidates that we would like to consider.

Fuck you, bitch.
lol, yeh i found that weird too. way to add injury to insult.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)