Comedies (1 Viewer)

kawaiinlove

HSC
Does anyone know why, in some comedies, they put an applause and laughter in the background when something funny happens?

Pace_T

HSC
look at kath and kim for example, that "comedy" doesnt have the laughter in the background and its not funny at all. maybe the laughter makes us laugh too?

or maybe that show is just trash. :s

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
I suppose it creates an atmosphere for us (the audience) to be more entranced by what is happening...

rozymisty

HSC
I was watching friends and they seem to have a lot of canned laughter it seems. Then i watched the behind the scenes thing on friends and they said that yes they film in front of a live audience but often they laugh for too long for the shot or not enough and thats when they cut in diferent laughs into the final cut. Bit strange

Scissors

HSC
laugh tracks always fuck shows up.

honestly, i know when to laugh, you don't have to prompt me.

JOSH.

HSC
A lot of sitcoms are filmed in front of a live audience. You can usually tell which ones have canned laughter and which ones are legit.
Really funny shows like The Office aren't filmed in front of a live audience, but they're really funny so they don't need it anyway.
I think sitcoms have the canned laughter, and normal comedies don't.

Every episode of Friends is filmed in front of a live audience. Every laugh is different so you can tell it's not a laugh track...with a lot of shows there's usually some really obnoxious laugh that keeps playing at the end of the laughter.

/over analysing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)