Coming 2nd, advice for a leech? :) haha (1 Viewer)

A Leaf

HSC
HI so I'm probably being petty but yolo
So for Legal, I came first in trials but that still leaves me in in 2nd place overall. I talked to my teacher about some stuff I thought was unfairly marked so if I can be a leech and scab the couple of marks I have pending that my teacher said she'll look into - I'll be first overall. Now obviously, there's a high chance that may not happen and I stay 2nd eh whatever.

My question is - if I get the top external HSC mark will my mark simply get stolen by the person ranking 1st? I'm currently 2nd by legit 1% The only reason I'm worried is because most of our assessments (each of which weighed so much wtf) were hand-in essays where she beat me by 1 mark each time while in exam settings, I've done better. ASDFGH

Lumenoria

HSC
No, you'll always get your external mark, but assuming you come first, your mark will be averaged out with whoever comes 2nd externally (which is likely to be the person coming 1st in this case). So yes, rank 1 will get your mark as their "internal mark", but it will only constitute 50% of their whole HSC mark for legal - the other 50% will be their external performance. Because the gap is only 1 mark, the difference will be negligible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)