Comm Bank - SummerConnect Program (1 Viewer)

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Applications closed 29th August.

Anyone here apply? If so, which division/s did you put down in your prefences?

Anyone hold a Grad position here with the Comm Bank that went through the SummerConnect program?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I put down Marketing/Business/Commerce as my preferences. Had my phone interview today. Was quite a cruisy interview, although it didn't appear like they even had a look at my CV (so maybe they cut people off using the marks you provided).

Apparently they started the interviews early, because of APEC (so that they can finish the interviews on time).

I think I did very well in the interview. The person conducting it was the graduate recruitment manager, so it was done in-house. She seemed quite nice, and I think she was Kiwi.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ill post when im more sober :shy: but i have awesome tips. although i dont want to share all of them, as itd compromise their process

stazi

Nightman
HSC
actually: tip - buy the latest issue of Adnews. It has a bit about bank customer satisfaction.

havy

HSC
stazi said:
I put down Marketing/Business/Commerce as my preferences. Had my phone interview today. Was quite a cruisy interview, although it didn't appear like they even had a look at my CV (so maybe they cut people off using the marks you provided).

Apparently they started the interviews early, because of APEC (so that they can finish the interviews on time).

I think I did very well in the interview. The person conducting it was the graduate recruitment manager, so it was done in-house. She seemed quite nice, and I think she was Kiwi.
Congratulations on your progress. What kind of questions do they ask you during the CBA phone interview? do they ask you about division preference during that time?

Any tips will be greatly appreciated

thx in advance

havy

HSC
Thanks for the tip. For the phone interview, do they call your home phone or mobile?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Too late now, but they contacted my mobile. I didn't provide my home.

Got an email from them today saying I'm through to the last round.

havy

HSC
yeah, they called me on mobile too, which was a little surprising.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
that went really well.

apparently they don't accept anyone below a C average for this stage. Also, they had 2,200 applicants, and the assessment centre stage cut those down to 120.

oh and they paid out the IT students. "You guys were all great. As soon as we told you to start the team discussion, you're all speaking. The IT students took 2 minutes to say a single word"

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Nope, not after I sent in my supplementary data sheet. The majority of people will only sit the test tomorrow and thursday, so I assume that I'll get the results when those people do.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
got a phone call from them asking if they can call my references. i'm assuming that means i got the job. it's kind of relieving knowing that if I don't get P&G I've got something else lined up these holidays.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
not sure, they have positions in different areas. I think they wanted me to do their marketing communications stuff based on their questions

stazi

Nightman
HSC
got the job. am coming in tomorrow to have a talk with the manager, and possibly asking them to increase my wage so that i'll consider them. i'll actually be employed for Colonial, which isn't too bad. Plus it's got an awesome view, as I think I'll be on the 29th floor.

havy

HSC
is it actually possible to negotiate salary for an intern position? i thought interns get paid at the casual rate anyway...
ps. I didn't get an offer...oh well, at least I've learned an important lesson.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Well Anna who I spoke to said that they don't usually negotiate, but if you're a strong enough candidate, you could try and approach your manager to modify the terms of your employment.

What position did you apply for? Getting into the top 120 out of 1200 applicants is quite a good achievement, anyway

havy

HSC
stazi said:
Getting into the top 120 out of 1200 applicants is quite a good achievement, anyway
thx dude, but too bad there isn't any prize for coming 2nd.
ps. I went to accounting group assessment.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)