Comm Bank - SummerConnect Program (1 Viewer)

havy

HSC
Initially I chose accounting and finance, end up getting into accounting group assessment.

havy

HSC
anyways, congrats to everyone whos got the offer (too bad I didn't make it).
and to stazi, hope you get the P&G offer you've always wanted.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Ok confirmed that the position is with Colonial in Marketing Communications.

rafio

HSC
hey guys..umm just wondering about the online test they get you to do after submitting your application. how is that? hard? easy? what should i expect?..etc etc

thnx

much appreciated

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
haha jus out of interest, what does this job lead u to? finance? accounting? etc..?

and i'm too lazy to google but just curious :)

c2643c

HSC
rafio said:
hey guys..umm just wondering about the online test they get you to do after submitting your application. how is that? hard? easy? what should i expect?..etc etc

thnx

much appreciated
I just did it yesterday, only the first part of the online test is timed. The timed part is basically just logic, vocabulary and numerical questions such as counting the number of blocks that you see on the screen, finding synonyms for words they give you and doing some basic maths questions. They're quite straight forward questions - but I found the time a little tight, I missed out on like 5questions out of the 54 I think. After that, its all personality questions with some scenarios of situations that you answer with m/c. Seemed pretty OK compared to what MacqBank and other IB's will prob be testing...><

Gd luck with it!

Conspirocy

HSC
c2643c said:
I just did it yesterday, only the first part of the online test is timed. The timed part is basically just logic, vocabulary and numerical questions such as counting the number of blocks that you see on the screen, finding synonyms for words they give you and doing some basic maths questions. They're quite straight forward questions - but I found the time a little tight, I missed out on like 5questions out of the 54 I think. After that, its all personality questions with some scenarios of situations that you answer with m/c. Seemed pretty OK compared to what MacqBank and other IB's will prob be testing...><

Gd luck with it!
its the same test at most firms. it's just that the IBs want you to perform better in it. It puts you in a percentile, and so some firms start looking at people in a higher percentile. if that makes any sense

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
seremify007 said:
haha jus out of interest, what does this job lead u to? finance? accounting? etc..?

and i'm too lazy to google but just curious :)
Need to nominate one of the following divisions to work in:

- Wealth Management (Colonial, Fund Mgmt, Products etc)
- Premium Business Services (Private Banking)
- Retail Banking Services
- Finance & Risk Management (incl. Accounting)
- HR
- IT

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
blue_chameleon said:
Need to nominate one of the following divisions to work in:

- Wealth Management (Colonial, Fund Mgmt, Products etc)
- Premium Business Services (Private Banking)
- Retail Banking Services
- Finance & Risk Management (incl. Accounting)
- HR
- IT
Thanks for the info. How interesting... i guess i would've gone either FRM or RBS.

Btw FYI I don't think PBS is private banking... more to do with institutional banking and all the complex stuff which retail customers don't care for.

blue_chameleon

HSC
seremify007 said:
Thanks for the info. How interesting... i guess i would've gone either FRM or RBS.

Btw FYI I don't think PBS is private banking... more to do with institutional banking and all the complex stuff which retail customers don't care for.
commbank website said:
PBS provides wealth and relationship management for the Bank's premium clients (private, business, corporate, agribusiness and institutional). Australia's leading online broking service, CommSec, is part of this team.
What I was meaning was 'private banking' in the sense that guys in this division deal with the banks high net worth clients (individuals and/or business) and manage the relationship the client has with the bank. Business banking for a better term.

Personally, this area wouldn't appeal to me. Business banking would be extremely challenging for talent to be noticed at a young age here, as a lot of middle-aged guys burn out here and don't progress, so they don't want younger guys climbing over them. Then of course on the other end, you have to gain trust and respect with the clients. That's certainly the easier of the two. Just what i've heard from a few.

hey guys just out of interest did anyone hear back from commBank this year regarding a phone interview or anything cause i haven't heard anything yet even though i applied a while ago

Thanks

blue_chameleon

HSC
misscow said:
hey guys just out of interest did anyone hear back from commBank this year regarding a phone interview or anything cause i haven't heard anything yet even though i applied a while ago

Thanks
Applications closed yesterday for the SummerConnect program, and applications for the Grad program closed on 15th July.

If you're referring to the Grad program, I'd say they probably haven't progressed through to the phone interviews stage with applications yet. Not sure. You could always be pro-active and contact them about it.

Last edited:
blue_chameleon said:
Applications closed yesterday for the SummerConnect program, and applications for the Grad program closed on 15th July.

If you're referring to the Grad program, I'd say they probably haven't progressed through to the phone interviews stage with applications yet. Not sure. You could always be pro-active and contact them about it.

Yeah I am talking about the summer connect program

c2643c

HSC
misscow said:
Yeah I am talking about the summer connect program
I got an email telling me that they are reviewing my application right now - i submitted it probably like a month ago.... but no, haven't gotten a call yet...

Has anyone received calls for the summer connect program?

- L1n -

HSC
c2643c said:
I got an email telling me that they are reviewing my application right now - i submitted it probably like a month ago.... but no, haven't gotten a call yet...

Has anyone received calls for the summer connect program?

I never got a call in regards to telephone interview, but i got mine scheduled on the 1st of September.

I got an SMS instead then a few hrs later an email telling me to schedule.

No idea if they actually call you, but then again i did indicate for sms since it was an option.

JustWin

HSC
same. any ideas what they are gonna ask? my interview is on the 4th

stazi

Nightman
HSC
for the phone interview? I recall that they asked questions like: when have you demonstrated superior customer service. are you a leader? stuff like that.

d-tran

HSC
can anybody shed light on what is involved in the test after the interview? and has anybody received invitations to do this test yet?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)